Epilogue (Part 2)

After they received their marriage certificate, the following day, Lisa and Doctor Jeon arrived in Sanya.

This time, it was for a medical conference and knowledge exchange, and as a result, it was completely different from the previous time in Southeast Asia, being truly a vacation for only the two of them. Oh wait, no, no. For work. Work!

When they stepped into their hotel room, she discovered their balcony was facing the ocean.

Unfortunately, though, it was not a very good time to vacation here. The temperature was only in the teens, and the ocean wind was blowing strong. From a distance, the view of the ocean was not very attractive.

She turned around. Jungkook was already sitting peacefully on one of the lounge chairs and was motioning to her.

She stepped over to him. "So cold. When I was coming up just now, I saw the servers at the bar downstairs were even wearing fur..."

He casually answered, "Indeed, not a good season to be here. Why don't we go to the spa downstairs? They have a private husband and wife room."

"It should be 'private couples' room'..." she correctly him gently.

He gave an "oh" and asked, "Not 'husband and wife'?"

She squatted down in front of him, patting him on the jaw and teasing, "Dada, I'm immune to you now, you know. It is 'couples' room.' I saw it very clearly." After saying this, she even could not help letting out a little giggle.

He changed to a different sitting posture, with one hand propping his chin. "Really?"

Oh no, she was done for. He had switched to his cold, dignified emperor's voice... He casually took her hand in his, and slid his own hand down to encircle the band on her ring finger, slowly turning it. "It's really not 'husband and wife'?"

She suddenly clued in. He was talking about that.

On her finger, the ring slowly rotated. She was still in somewhat of a daze.

If she said he had duped her into their marriage registration, would his hundreds of thousands of fans take headshots at her? But it was true...

So neat, quick, and easy. And just like that, their marriage certificate was in hand.

And before she had gotten used to the idea that they were legally recognized as husband and wife now, they had flown here to Sanya?

The ocean wind was blowing in gusts into the balcony.

"What are you thinking about?" His finger twirled her long strands of hair.

She felt a little self-conscious about telling him that she was still thinking about the course of events for yesterday's marriage registration, especially that moment when they had taken their marriage photograph and the old grandpa had beamed at them while directing them on how to nestle closer together.

She gazed down at his fingers. Fingers where each contour was clearly defined. Hands that belonged to a doctor.

And a very nice-looking pair of doctor's hands at that.

For the first time, she took the lead, reaching out her arms and wrapping them around his neck. Softly, by his ear, she whispered, "I'm thinking... we're actually married."

He chuckled, "Don't tell me you had other options."

She was taken aback briefly, but very soon, her cheeks were blushing.

It seemed... this was the first time he had said that. Wait, no. He had said it before, very early on. Not long after they had met each other, he had said it, but at the time, it had been a joke.