Chapter 41 - Salt and Pepper Mushrooms (4)

Lisa and Jungkook were intensely and passionately immersed in their relationship.

However, on the Internet, these two had decided, in an unspoken agreement, to completely go into hiding. Lily, because she was now dating Toupai, disappeared. There was no fanfare nor flaunting of how in love they were...... More accurately, from beginning to end, Lily had never flaunted anything about being in love. Ever since that one comment of "I am so happy" had resulted in the masses lining up to surround her as spectators, she had disappeared. Besides forwarding the songs of good friends, all she would do was forward her own songs, making her Weibo account seem more like an account used for marketing and publicity...

Keeping a low profile was very good. A low profile meant no mistakes could be made.

If it were anyone else, that person would have been jumping up and down everyday, parading her love out for everyone within a 360o radius to see. Hence, a portion of Toupai's fan base gradually started to think that their idol's judgment in choosing a girlfriend was actually pretty good, ah.

Of course, the other part still acted as if she did not exist...

"A mountain may not move, but its waters do .[1]" What if one day they broke up?

Then Jungkook would belong to everyone again.

Naturally, where there was an entertainment circle, there was gossip.

It was not known which new member of Wanmei leaked the news that Jungkook would be officially announcing his retirement from the entertainment circle at Wanmei's anniversary celebration event, but straightaway all sorts of rumours started to spread. Although he had faded out of the limelight for a long time now, every year he would at least still participate in an insignificant role in a radio drama for Wanmei, and while he did not have the time to take on a main role, any drama he took part in was still absolutely one of the big dramas of the year that garnered the most attention.

However, if he really did retire from the online entertainment circle, then they really would only be able to hear him in commercial projects.

As a result, everyone's emotions started to boil again, believing that Lily was one who got jealous easily and she had influenced Jungkook, telling their DaRen to retire from the online entertainment world. Rumours could be so scary T.T...

Lisa shut down her QQ, deciding in the end not to look at the posts Zou Diao'er and her association president had sent over.

Actually, she really did not care. And Jungkook even more so did not care about being badmouthed... The only thing she was nervous about was Somi's invitation to her to compose a song. When the song was actually released, it would definitely bring about a great commotion...

She stuffed her headphones on her head, deciding to compose the song and worry about it later. As for the rest... worry about those later, too.

Her mobile phone had many ancient-style songs in it, and while she was reading through the lyrics that had already been completed by the lyricist, she listened to them to get inspiration for her composing. A gentle breeze blew in through the open bus window. In the blink of an eye, it was early summer already... Because of the busy nature of Toupai DaRen's work, their dating life had very quickly fallen into a rhythm.

Twice a week, she would go to his home for dinner, otherwise known as "breaking the veggie fast with meat[2]."

He would then drive her back to the university. Of course, that was when he was not busy. During the times he was busy, she would leisurely catch the bus back to her school. Then, they would wait again until he managed to have half a day of free time, when they would go... um, all over to dig up good eats.