Chapter 17 - Yan Du Xian [Salted Pork Soup] (2)

Her unfinished sentence had been sent out already. Surprisingly, Jungkook did not reply.

Lisa was truly in shock from the idea. The word, "meet-up" was floating around in her brain... She had never met-up with any of her friends in the 2-D world before. Even though, this was nothing like the once popular fad of online dating and was just a bunch of friends who all loved ancient style music getting together, recording a song, and having dinner or something...

(⊙o⊙)... Having dinner? That was way too remote to think about...

Oh no. Just even thinking about the word, "meet-up" and then linking that idea with all those frequently heard names, especially Toupai, in the entertainment circle made her feel awful all over.

For half an hour, she wandered numbly around her room, still unable to settle down.

She decided to go into the bathroom, and there she faced the mirror, staring off into space. Her appearance... Was it really suitable to go see a bunch of superstars in the entertainment circle?

Out in the living room, an alert sound rang out from her mobile phone. She dashed out and picked it up.

It was Toupai's voice message: "Out of our group of seven, there are four of us who are in the same city. How does tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock sound? From what Mingyu said, classes resume for you the day after tomorrow?"

Tomorrow?!

Lisa felt like she was going to have a nervous breakdown.

What was that looming sense that she was feeling, like doomsday was coming? ...

To go see her absolute favourite voice plus a bunch of respected elders who were all her favourites as well and... and ... she was not given any time at all to prepare. At the very least, she needed to prepare herself both psychologically and outwardly, you know, DaRen? ...

She struggled within herself for a long time, but in the end, said into her WeChat, "Alright... That time should be no problem for me."

She could not act all pompous and snooty, right? They were already all accommodating the start of her school term.

After she sent her message, she suddenly was struck with confusion. How does Toupai know he and I are in the same city?

Weibo?

Weibo... Mm-hmm. Her Weibo profile did state her home city, whereas Toupai's was kept private.

Alright. T T It was not unusual at all for DaRen to know.

She and Toupai conversed a little longer regarding the time and address as well as how they were going to work things out with the other three singers who were not in the city. Toupai also in passing reminded her to go to bed early tonight. After that, he did not send any more voice messages. Lisa gazed at her phone, quietly stroking Toupai's profile picture on the screen as she murmured to it, "Toupai DaRen... How in the world am I going to get through the next twenty-something hours? ..."

Lisa was struggling over everything, from clothing to hairstyle, from whether to wear pants or a dress, to debating whether to wear her hair up or down. In the end, she decided to just keep it simple and clean and wear a pair of trousers and her down jacket. With the cold weather, it was best to dress a little more practically; otherwise, it really would be like meeting up with online friends or going on a blind date, and that would truly be awkward. According to what Toupai had told her, of the people collaborating with her on the song, she would be meeting Jennie, Minghao, and Eunwoo tomorrow. And then there were the two others, Mingyu and Taehyung, who were coming strictly because they were bored and had nothing to do....