Chapter 15 - Poached "Pearls" with Conch (6)

Soon, the private message window started flashing again.

Jungkook: Go to the kitchen and get some sesame oil. Swallow just a small amount. It should feel better tomorrow morning.

Lisa: Huh? Does that work?

Jungkook: Mm-hmm.

Lisa: *nod* I'm going right now.

To her, the condition of her voice was of utmost importance.

Although singing the occasional song or two in a false male voice was unlikely to cause any serious negative consequences, since this was Toupai's suggestion, she knew it was absolutely, unquestionably going to be effective! She fumbled her way to the kitchen. Since it was so late in the night, she did not turn on any lights and only relied on the moonlight as she felt around for the bottle of sesame oil. She opened one bottle after another, sniffing each one, until she finally smelled the strong aroma of sesame oil. Furtively, she took a quick sip.

Dad, Mom... don't mind me...

When she was finished, she noticed a plate of ingredients on the kitchen table. She leaned forward against the table and examined them for a moment, quickly deducing what was for lunch tomorrow. Satisfied with her conclusion, she slipped back to her own room again.

When she returned, she earnestly reported back to Jungkook: DaRen, I just finished drinking some.

Jungkook: *smile*

Her mouth right now was filled with the scent of sesame oil, so fragrant it could overpower people.

She thought about her inbox full of singing debts and suddenly felt anxious. Lots of time was required in practicing and singing lyrics along to music until it sounded good, and then she still needed to find a time when her voice was in good form in order to record the vocals track... T T How did she manage to accept more than forty song requests? At this rate, she was going to be paying off these commitments all the way until next year's winter break...

Jungkook: Typing's a little tiring. Do you mind using QQ voice chat?

She had still been adding up in her mind how many songs she was going to have to record when this line of text... caused her heart to jump. It was late, but with such a well-insulated room, there would definitely not be any issues with using voice chat. Besides, since she entered into the ancient-style music circle, her parents were used to her recording things in the middle of the night.

But...

Lisa gaped at that row of text again, her breathing still unsteady.

After YY and WeChat... she was now going to get Jungkook DaRen's QQ, too?

Why was the world starting to seem so unfathomable and difficult to understand?...

While her eyes were still fixed on the screen in a slight daze, Jungkook had already messaged over a string of numbers that was his QQ ID number.

She lightly breathed out and then swiftly added him as a contact in QQ. As she slipped on her headset, her heart inexplicably began to race.

This felt completely different from YY, k?...

In a YY room, even if there were only two people inside, you still felt that it was a public platform. However, QQ voice chat only allowed one-on-one interaction, and no matter how you looked at it, it still felt more personal and private... Plus, in YY, she would always immediately dash off once she was finished singing and would never stay for casual chatting...

In short, this was just very nerve-wracking ...

It was like she was waiting for a personal telephone call from Jungkook.