Chapter 9 - Sauteed Black Pepper "Little" Ribs (4)

She was feeling like she had been tossed into the clouds and was unable to climb out.

Jeon Jungkook?

DaRen's name was Jeon Jungkook?

Jeon Jungkook [莫倾城]? So.... not an unassuming name? Lisa opened up her WeChat, searched for this ID, and successfully added it. And then... the other end was very quiet and did not send over any messages. For a moment, she even wondered whether she had added the wrong person. In the end, she very sincerely input a message: Jungkook Dada, this is Lily.

Conversing at such a close "distance" with Jungkook was totally different from the atmosphere in YY.

This one-on-one conversation window, along with her bunny profile picture, was making her feel that things were just too close.

My gawd, my gawd. So close that she was feeling a little too nervous.

She held her phone, waiting, and then, when she saw the status change to "other party is inputting," her eyes immediately widened. Soon, inside her WeChat app, Jungkook had sent over a voice message.

Voice message...

DaRen ... Can you not... take this one step at a time and start with just text?

She stared wordlessly for a while at that unlistened to voice message.

All of a sudden, she set down her mobile phone, slipped quietly to her door, and locked it. Through the door, she listened to the sounds in the living room. Dad and Mom were watching a Spring Festival program, and things were very lively at the moment. They would not be paying any attention to her for the next little while.

Confirming that there would be no immediate risk, she hopped back onto her bed.

She picked up her phone once again, switched the sound over to headset mode, and listened to the message he had sent.

That voice that had been in a countless number of period dramas and commercials was now answering her casually, "I knew it was you."

......

So... should I be using text or voice messages?...

Since DaRen had used a voice message, it wouldn't be very good if I continued to be all high and mighty and aloof and use serious, reserved text, right? ...

Lisa lightly cleared her throat and softly practiced a few sentences to make sure she was in relatively good form.

Then, she held down the "hold to talk" button.

And then...... she did not know what to say. Anxious, she accidentally released the button, and the message was sent off. T T

A blank message of white noise had been sent off.

Oh crud...

Stupid WeChat! There was no way to cancel sent voice messages... aaah!

Jungkook speedily sent back a reply: "What's that?"

Lisa was about to burst into tears, feeling that her image in Toupai's eyes had definitely taken a hit. Painfully, she buried her face in her arm and silently scoffed at herself. "Lisa, just go die ... You can choose whatever method you want..." Do you think Toupai Daren has a lot of time on his hands? Everyday, he has tens of thousands of @, tens of thousands of comments that he doesn't have time to read, you know? He may have ten inboxes that have exploded because they were so full, you know? ...

After cursing herself as speedily as she possibly could, she hastily coughed a couple of times, and then this time, she very prudently thought about what she would say before pressing the "hold to talk" button. "Um ... May I ask why Daren is contacting me?"