Young Atlas 2

In the Hero's Forge. The scene quickly changed to Aaarrrgghh with a strained face as he lifted a large platform from the stone ground.

"Higher. Just a little higher."

Blinky said, popping out from beneath the rock that had left a gaping hole.

"Arms hurt."

"Focus on how much Master Jim's arms will hurt should this training equipment malfunction."

Their current task was interrupted when Toby came running in with a panicked voice.

"Blinky! Blinky! Wingman! We've got trouble! It's Draal. I mean, it's Jim. But it's Draal's fault."

"Did Draal kill him? Never should have consented to Draal supplementing Master Jim's training."

"He didn't kill him. He gave him something. It's like a totem. A "great shake" or something. It's making Jim crazy."

"Crazy?"

"Yeah! It's like he's drunk or something. He's completely without fear or impulse control. And he's totally "crispy."

"Tobias, this totem, was it a Grit-Shaka?"

"Yes! That's it!"

"No fear."

"That's how it works on Troll physiology. But how will it act on a human?"

Jim sat in Trollmarket, his normal blue jacket was tossed to the side, leaving him in his white t-shirt as a buff troll stood behind him with a large hammer and a chisel.

"Give me a tattoo of a broken heart. With a crack in the middle. And make it weep."

Before the troll was about to pound the metal into Jim's plushy flesh, Blinky had interrupted them.

"Cease this madness!"

Blinky quickly yelled out, pushing a troll from his view.

"Hey! Perfect timing, buds! Let's all get tats! Fellowship! High-five?"

"If you would give us a moment. Great Gronka Morka, it's even worse than you said. Master Jim, the Grit-Shaka."

"Ha, ha! Cool, right? I mean, crispy."

"I was thinking more along the lines of "unholy" and "disturbing."

"Dangerous!"

"That, too. Master Jim, that is a Gumm-Gumm totem, reason enough to be wary of it. But the fact that you are a human makes its effects unpredictable!"

"And that necklace is not a good look for you."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What is this? An intervention?"

"If need be."

"Well, need not be! I'm fine. I am better than fine. And if you want the Grit-Shaka, you're gonna have to take it from me."

"Come on, Jimbo. We don't have to go there."

"For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command! Holla!"

"Or maybe we do."

"That's right! Uh-huh! I just went there!"

Aaarrrgghh growled as he shoved Blinky gently out of the way before advancing on Jim.

"Be gentle with him."

Toby said from the back, Jim watched as Aaarrrgghh advanced before diving out of the way with an achieving laugh, knowing that the large troll had missed him. Aaarrrgghh roared as he looked to see that his target wasn't captured. He dove again but Jim jumped from him, stepping on his back before landing directly behind him with grunts.