Roaming Fees May Apply

Coach Lawrence had begun the lesson already as he stood in front of a projector. The image on the screen had made it clear what they were learning about the human body.

"The teeth tear and chew, grinding the food into paste before it's swallowed. Then, it travels down the windpipe..., I mean esophagus."

He quickly corrects himself and continued. As he taught, Claire leaned a little towards Jim, whispering to him.

"So the reason you were late and covered in dirt was because you were fighting a mud monster?"

"While there was some gnarly troll watching you? Talk about creepy."

"I know. It was like he was studying me."

"What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know. I haven't figured that out yet."

The groups conversation was interrupted by the one and only blond buffoon of Arcadia oaks. 

"Coach? Yeah, thank you. Don't mean to "butt" in, but I'd like to "gas" a question? Hey, poo's laughing?"

"Watch it, Palchuk!"

"This is serious!"

"Hey, why don't you shut your hole, Steve?"

Jim unknowingly just made another pun and he didn't realize in time but the whole class laughed and Coach was not thrilled. 

"Oh, that's it. That's it, jokers! Both of you, principal's office, now!"

The coach said angrily, pointing to the door.

Steve and Jim's voice carrying through the hall outside the principles door. Strickler pushed open the door, Jim dropping the accusing finger that he pointed at Steve, only to cross his arms and his face dropping instantly. Glaring daggers into the principal. 

"Young Atlas, getting into trouble again, I see."

"Ahem, Principal Strickler, this has been a huge misunderstanding."

"You have a lot of nerve showing your face around here, Strickler."

"I've decided I'm not done with you. Your education has just begun."

"Oh, good. Maybe I'm a slow learner. Because I can't figure out why you'd come back after I dropped a bomb all over your big parade."

"I assume that the information regarding your relatives has certainly gone over well. How are you coping with that minor detail has your mother been informed?" 

"You can't prove anything about those supposed relatives and leave my mom out of this."

"For the record, I just want to say he's not speaking on my behalf."

"Shut up, Steve!"

The both of them yell.

"I'm in a position to make your life truly miserable."

"I could take you out right now."

"And I could do far worse. Are you ready for that?"

Confused and clearly not wanting to be here Steve just tried to calm down the other two by apologizing. 

"I'm sorry about the poop jokes! They really weren't that funny!"

"Detention. For both of you. Now get out of my office before I change my mind."

As his eyes changed for emphasis Jim just gave him the same look back, Steve whimpered running out of the room while Jim made a simple gesture meaning he was watching him. In anger, Strickler broke his pen, the tip snapping and splashing ink on his face.