Blinky's Day Out

A mysterious pair of arms reached for jeans hanging on a line strung with cans and rough blankets. Hearing a thief, a troll emerged from its tunnel, looking around. As the strange intruder ran through the market, the trolls noticed and began to panic. The same hand reached for a discarded shirt and a pair of shoes, spilling some cotton wads. The gnomes looked at the intruder in disbelief before chattering angrily. The unsuspecting person stole a green shirt, spilling whatever they were holding before grabbing a pair of socks, which caught Bagdwella's eye. They ran through Trollmarket, earning odd looks from its residents. Everyone growled or yelled as the quick blur passed by Draal, catching his attention. With a growl, Draal ran off to inform the trollhunter.

Jim returned to the Trollhunter Council. He watched as the smoke replayed the events. The council had observed them retrieve the first stone and forced Jim to review it.

"Never in my wildest dreams did I dare think I'd ever see such a sight. It must be the Triumbric Stones. Three shards of legend tied to Gunmar's lifeblood."

"Because we are going to destroy him."

"He found the Birthstone."

"Silence!"

Kanjigar demanded as he looked at Jim, who wasn't very happy with the dead and former Trollhunters.

"You said it was impossible to kill Gunmar, but I found a way. You're either a lousy council or a worse liar."

"We needed to deter you from making a grave mistake. You were lucky to obtain the Birthstone, but the journey will only grow more treacherous from here onward."

"With all due respect, you said a Trollhunter should only work alone, but if it weren't for my friends, I wouldn't even have the first stone."

"The boy won't listen."

"He mocks us."

"What's the point in council?"

"He seeks to free his father."

"He is trouble."

"Merlin was wrong to chose him."

"Nothing more than a worthless impure." 

"If you insist on risking the lives of everyone you care about, I advise you to listen to reason!"

Before Jim could respond, Draal's voice echoed throughout the Hero's Forge, reaching them.

"Trollhunter! Trollhunter!"

"My son! He seeks you. There is trouble in Trollmarket. An intruder! Go!"

"An intruder? How'd he get in?"

"Go!"

Kanjigar faded, the smoke closing in on Jim before he disappeared. Jim was back in the fordge where Draal was waiting for him. 

"Trollhunter" 

"I've heard. Let's go before things go out of control." 

Outside, in the market, Trolls were yelling at one another, still in a state of panic as they stared up, the human trapped in a sack and hanging from the ceiling, a string attached so a Troll could hold onto it.

"Intruder!"

"We should eat him!"

"We don't eat humans!"

"What if he's a changeling?"

"A changeling intruder!"

"Hey, stop! Let him go! I'm the Trollhunter. I'll deal with it. Let him go."