midterms came , meaning the school year will soon come to an end and finally each and everyone of them will study again for their entrance exam for college .

but this idea should be set aside for now , focus on the present and live the future with how you wanted it to be . 

aera drank her vitamins before grabbing her notes and bag out with her .

the weather is nice . warm yet breezy . it looks like it's summer but it's actually not .

closing the gate behind her she looked infront to see heeseung standing with his earphones on both of his ears . he had two buttons undone revealing his black shirt underneath the uniform . but despite of looking like a player  he still manage to look neat .

just how does he do it ? maybe because of how he carries himself .

meeting each other's gaze , heeseung fixed his posture and giggled before walking beside her .

" good morning , beautiful . "

she nodded and greeted him back . he felt joy when she did not deny it .

because why would she ?

" you look busy ? and this early too ? " he asked reading her notes as well .

" it's midterms, hee . we have exams later on . how lucky of you . "

" oh yea i forgot . hm ... i won't talk 'till we get to school . "

" why ? "

" i know how much you hate distractions . and so , i'll just ... "

the ravenette carried her backpack but she's still wearing it behind her . it seems as if she's not carrying anything at all . he walked a bit behind her just so she could focus more on the road and her notes . nothing else .

" you can do this , love . i believe you can . "

after the exam

the last exam has finally came to an end as students were either relieved or nervous because of how they have taken it .

aera is on the relief side . she knew she'll do well in this exam because of how much she studies and absorbed the material well . she's the top student after all .

placing her things inside her bag , a figure suddenly sat infront of her . and it was none other than her academic rival .

jake sim .

" what's your answer on the last part ? "

at the bus

aera is taking the bus alone since heeseung is still in the competition and even though she badly wanted to watch the game , heeseung told her to rest instead .

and here she is , taking the bus alone . she opened her phone and can't help but to think about what jake had told her earlier .

" is he really correct ? " aera mumbled and checked her notes once more for the 15th time just to make sure . but she had the same answer as the one on her notes . it can't be . unless what she wrote was wrong .

earlier

jake told her his answers from that question and explained why .

aera's mood was constantly dropping and instead of relief just like what she had earlier , she felt nothing but disappointment and nervousness . it was as if she's a failure . and it's possibly just one mistake .

but a mistake does not exist in her . she felt it before and now she wouldn't dare to have more . all she could think about was how hard she studies for this test and still made a mistake . she did not care if it's one mistake . wrong means wrong .

she tightened her grip on her bag and the more she listens to jake , the more she couldn't find a reason for her answer to be right .

everyone calls it dramatic or overreacting but being a top student means only one thing; perfection .

being one means once they saw a flaw, they'll instantly attack you . they have higher expectations for you and letting them down will cause detrimental in so many ways . not to forget that some waits for your downfall .

there are much less applaud than reviled .

the brunet saw her zoned out and deep in her thoughts . he did not expect that she'd be too affected by one point taken away from her . it's not like jake did this just for her to feel disappointed about herself . but he wanted to inform and acknowledge her because deep down he cared for her .

" here is my number . this'll help when you're still confused about a subject . especially the subject we took . physics . "

he wrote the number before leaving .

end

aera finds it funny that someway or somehow she might ask his help even though she's the top student . plus , they're rivals for sake of academics .

my love to love

we won love !
we won !

thank u so much for reading this chapter ! don't forget to vote and share ur comment !

- chi