二十三

" Loving is to move forward. "

——————————

A lush, sprawling garden set on the grounds of an old manor house. The sun is setting, casting a warm golden hue over the landscape. Flowering trees and bushes surround the area, filling the air with a sweet, intoxicating fragrance. A gentle breeze rustles the leaves, adding soft, natural music to the scene.

An elegant white pergola adorned with cascading wisteria and delicate fairy lights serves as the altar. Rows of white chairs, each draped with pale blue ribbons, are arranged facing the pergola. The aisle is lined with lanterns and petals in shades of pink and ivory, leading to a plush, white carpet that extends to the altar.

The guests are a mix of family and friends, all dressed in their finest attire. Women in colorful dresses and men in sharp suits chatter quietly, their excitement palpable. A string quartet plays softly in the background, providing a serene ambiance as everyone awaits the ceremony's start.

Standing at the altar, Heeseung shifts slightly on his feet, a mix of nerves and joy evident on his face. He is dressed in a classic black tuxedo, a white rose pinned to his lapel, and his eyes are fixed on the entrance to the garden.

It's been two years for them. There was a lot more pain and laughter within those years and despite the obstacles they faced, they only moved forward.

Currently, there he is standing at the altar waiting for his beloved. It was overwhelming to the point where he would fall apart once he got the sight of her. But he fought back and managed.

As the first notes of the bridal march play, all heads turn to see the bride. She appears at the end of the aisle, radiant in a flowing white gown adorned with lace and tiny pearls. Her veil, delicate and sheer, trails behind her as she walks. She clutches a bouquet of lilies and roses, her hands trembling slightly with emotion.

She walked slowly down the aisle, the bride's eyes locked on the groom. The guests rise to their feet, smiles and tears alike on their faces as they witness the bride's journey.

As the bride reaches the altar, the officiant begins the ceremony with a warm welcome, speaking of love and commitment. Vows are exchanged, each word heartfelt, as the couple promises to stand by each other through all of life's challenges and joys.

For them, this is just the beginning of their story.

The best man hands over the rings, which gleam in the soft light. The groom's hands tremble slightly as he slips the ring onto the bride's finger, and she does the same for him. Their eyes meet, filled with love and the promise of a shared future.

The officiant declares them husband and wife, and the groom lifts the bride's veil once more. They share a tender kiss, sealing their vows as the guests erupt into applause and cheers.

Jake vividly recounted every single moment of their union. As he stood at the altar, his gaze locked on her, captivated by her enchanting smile and magnetic presence.

Despite the passage of many years, he still finds himself immersed in the same intense emotions for the woman he understands he can never be with. The woman who is married to the person who is written for her. At first, he finds it difficult to accept this but every day that he sees and interacts with the woman, he slowly tells himself that she is better off with someone else.