十一

" we'll be alright... please try again. "

———————————————

" One Iced Americano and chocolate cake, Dine in. " Aera said as the cashier smiled and told her to wait for it to be served.

It has been a week since her last interaction with Jake and also been a week for her to come and get her everyday go-to at his cafe. She's certain that the employees are already familiar with her by the way they act.

Waiting, she noticed a familiar blonde hair walking towards the counter. She couldn't see yet she could tell and jump to conclusions that it was Jake.

The blonde waves which proves her conclusion right. He had a wide smile plastered on his face while walking closer to where she was. He chuckled, " May I sit here? " he asked placing his hands on the seat across from her.

Nodding she said, " Yea sure. " Jake took a seat now they're facing each other. There was silence for a second before he spoke. " How are you? I'm glad you took my words seriously " He grinned.

Aera rolled her eyes. " I'm doing great, Sim Jake. And it's just common sense to accept a blessing from a friend and it's free! who doesn't like free stuff? " Jake chuckled while nodding his head in agreement.

" Good point. "

Aera shrugged and checked the time on her phone, she thought that her order was taking a bit longer than the previous days she had been here. With a frown, she checked the counter with expectancy but there was no employee visible.

Jake was quick to read the room and excused himself saying he'd be back. Aera sighed and opened her phone to scroll on Instagram as she let the time pass.

Ever since Jake offered her to visit his cafe for free, she has been waking up earlier because she also goes to work and couldn't afford to get scolded again by Heeseung. Embarrassing herself even more, especially to him will never sit right for her.

She sighed putting her phone down on the table her patience was already being tested but could her morning get any worse?

Suddenly, the bell chimes indicating a person, or so she thought, enters the cafe.

Aera froze at the two figures walking and acting lovey-dovey towards each other. They were smiling and sincerity could be seen in their eyes as they looked into each other.

The look he always gives to her.

Her heart felt heavy seeing Heeseung her ex, with someone. A beautiful girl with brown short hair, a smile so lovingly plastered on her face, and a gentle approachable aura.

A total opposite of who she is.

" What the heck, Aera?! Do not tell me you're jealous of that woman. " She scolded mumbling words that would knock her back to reality.

" You're cute but a little crazy sometimes. "
Jake abruptly said causing her to jolt and admonish him for almost giving her a heart attack. " At least I pulled you back to reality. "