十六

" If crazy is a word it would be you. "

——————————

" What are you doing here? Did something happen? " Aera asked the blonde to which he had a sheepish smile plastered on his face, this concludes that something bad did not happen that made her relief. But curious as to what he has to say.

" You forgot something. " He spoke resulting in the girl's frown confused as to what he was talking about. He noticed her response was not what he was expecting since he thought she would know it by now, but guess not.

" Tsk~ here. " Aera slowly took the paper bag that he was carrying and checked inside to find her usual in his cafe. She felt bad that she forgot to inform him that she couldn't go to his cafe and already had one in the company. But still, her gratitude to Jake for being thoughtful won over her self-crisis. " Thanks, Jake. "

Jake shrugs. " No need to thank me. As I said before, this is all on me and we've been doing this since you stepped foot in my cafe, remember? You should really get used to it. " He replied which resulted in her agreeing.

" A little gratitude wouldn't hurt though. " She responded and this time it made the blonde agree since after all, both of them were true.

" What a weird way to confess but okay. " The both of them looked at Yerim in surprise and the girl could only roll her eyes believing that the two of them secretly liked each other but just wouldn't admit it. " I'm not playing, I feel like I should do something about you two. I would voluntarily be cupid at this point just to- " She was cut off when Aera covered her mouth with her hands and forcefully laughed apologizing for what she was saying was nonsense and that they should probably go or else their boss would turn into a dragon if he knew they were everywhere but work. Lastly, apologize for not showing up at his cafe.

It resulted in Jake's laugh and they part ways.

The grand ballroom of the luxury hotel was a scene of elegance and refinement, perfectly set for the annual executive party. Crystal chandeliers cast a warm, ambient glow over the room, their light reflecting off the polished marble floors and tastefully arranged floral centerpieces. The guests, dressed in their finest business formal and cocktail attire, began to arrive, each exuding a sense of purpose and sophistication.

Men in tailored suits and women in elegant evening gowns moved gracefully through the crowd, exchanging warm greetings and firm handshakes. The atmosphere was charged with the buzz of conversation as colleagues and business partners took this opportunity to network and reconnect. Waiters circulated with trays of gourmet appetizers, offering delicacies such as smoked salmon canapés, truffle-infused bruschetta, and mini beef wellingtons.

At one end of the room, a live jazz band played smooth, melodic tunes that added to the upscale ambiance, while a grand buffet table at the other end showcased an array of exquisite dishes. There were carving stations with succulent roast beef and turkey, platters of fresh seafood, and an assortment of artisanal cheeses and desserts. A well-stocked bar offered a selection of fine wines, champagne, and craft cocktails, catering to every guest's taste.

Heeseung as well as the other executives from other companies had a seemingly flawless conversation exchanging laughs and clinking glasses. However, only one thing had been pinned on their minds which was how to step on every one of them.