十七

" Ask away. "

——–———————

" Mr. Lee?! " Aera called from a distance yet the panic in her voice was clear. Comparable to her reaction as well because once she reached him, he was leaning on the pole behind him, snoring soundly as if he wasn't sleeping on the side of the road.

Aera gulped while stressing as to how she would carry him inside her car. After such a long wait she finally bought herself a car yesterday to avoid the hassle of public transportation which resulted in her arrival being nearly a minute late. She thanked her past self ( yesterday ) for risking her earnings to buy something that she would use a lot of times.

The girl then began to tap his shoulder carefully yet enough to wake him up. " Mr. Lee? It's time to go. " She spoke out to which she had failed to hear a reply.

She sighed and placed both her hands on her hips thinking about what she would do to him. " His secretary should come back. " She irritatingly said before adding, " Should I call his helper? wait no I don't even know who his helper is. How about Jake? well, that seems like a bad idea. " She scratched the back of her head when she kept on coming up with poor ideas.

A light bulb suddenly appeared in her mind and looked at her boss's state surely he wouldn't mind but he'd be shocked when he got sober. But what more choices she had left? This seems like the only idea that makes sense and ensures a reasonable act.

She tapped his shoulder once more, her eyes staring at his peaceful facade. A memory flashed for a moment with a wave of nostalgia hitting her. She wouldn't deny that he looked better when they broke up but she wouldn't deny as well that she preferred who he was before.

She shrugged her thoughts and continued to wake the ravenette and this time he fortunately woke up.

" Aera? " A groan escaped from his lips as he adjusted his blurry vision. " I'm taking you to my house. How does it sound to you, sir? "

On their way to her and her grandma's shared house, Aera and Heeseung sat silently with the sound of wind and the radio accompanying the two to lighten the heavy atmosphere stealing glances secretly without realizing. It was an awkward ride for a beautiful night and yet here they were holding themselves back from saying what they wanted.

An ex-lovers in the middle of the night on a car ride? who would believe it when they say it was just a mere ride? Because of these two, the only battle they were facing right now was their unspoken feelings for each other. They were each other's biggest what-ifs and each other's world back then so who would've believed?

Heeseung cleared his throat, " Don't get my idea wrong for agreeing with you. It's just that I live far from that street stall and my phone died when you hung up. I don't want you to drive alone at this hour since it is not safe for you. " He mumbled audible enough.

Aera agreed. " Don't worry, Mr. Lee. You wouldn't know I was there. " She said referring to her grandma's house. " You should charge as well so you could be picked up as soon as possible. " She added.