十三

" Don't try to disappear this time. "

———————————————

" Yeah, sure. " Yeora agreed from the other line. Her voice sounded disappointed yet the ravenette failed to catch it. Heeseung hung up slowly spinning around on his chair while his mind was caged with Aera.

He checked the time and it was already 10 pm. He stood up and looked through the window. From his vantage point, Heeseung could see the serpentine streets below, bustling with the evening rush. Liveliness could be witnessed even on a high building. Yet here he is, falling all over again scattering what-ifs of his bitter memories. 

" What if she didn't mean those? "

" What if I fought a bit more? "

What if I take the risk for us this time?

Heeseung sighed and closed the blinds before sitting back in his chair, taking a piece of blue-colored paper, and started creating a paper flower. He believed that maybe he could give this to her someday.

Especially at her wedding.

The thought of her getting married scares the ravenette when they were still together. He couldn't even tolerate the thought of her being with somebody that is not him. He vowed that he'd marry her and make her more delighted than she was while being safe and loved as well.

But he grew to accept that he'd be happy as long as she was. He was selfish but if it meant that someone out there would be providing love and care for her other than him, then at least he was acknowledged about it.

" Morning Era! " The blonde cheerfully greeted smiling ears to ears while his gaze was focused on her. The girl smiled softly upon meeting his gape greeting him as well.

Sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a warm glow on everything it touched. The potted plants along the sill seemed to bask in the morning light, their leaves vibrant and alive. Outside, the world began to bustle, but inside the cafe, time moved at a gentler pace.

" May I take your order, ma'am? " Jake said playfully bringing out his imaginary notepad and pen.

Aera's face palmed because of her friend's childish demeanor but agreed to act with him as well. " I'll take the usual, please. "

Jake pretends to write it and nods. " Please wait here in a bit as I prepare your order. " He said before winking and walking towards the counter and inside the kitchen area. 

Aera sighed and for a moment she thought back to when they were in high school. Everyone concedes to them as academic rivals and constantly argues about school-related stuff.

" You're missing the point, Park. " Jake insisted, his brows furrowed in concentration. He pointed to his meticulously detailed notebook. " The equation simplifies to this form, which leads to the solution being a positive number. "