flashback to sophomore year

it was a beautiful sunny day of july . the morning sun gently caressed the earth , the schoolyard came alive with a symphony of laughter and excitement . the air was filled with the scent of freshly cut grass and blooming  flowers , a fragrant reminder of nature's embrace .

awra and her friends roam around the school filled with laughter and excitement . although the girl was mostly concentrated on her book , she still manage to give them a reply every now and then .

ending her reading , she noticed that the three of her friends were a bit far now leaving her behind . it seems like they didn't noticed her presence .

she catches up with them but they didn't seem to care or even spare a glance on her . she sighed and divert her gaze elsewhere and that's where she saw a basketball court not so far from them .

" should we watch ? "

" yeah we should ! "

aera heard her friends giggling . they must be referring to the basketball game . she followed them to one of the benches but before she could sit , she noticed a tall ravenette shooting the ball incredibly while the other students cheered .

his back facing her but what caught her eyes was the 01 lee on his jersey .

shrugging her thoughts , aera sat next to her friends who were still busy talking with each other . she did not mind being excluded since she loves to have a peace on her as well . and her friends knew this fact too about her so they don't bother her much .

this is how friendships works , right ?

aera was about to open her book again when a sudden pain hit her head making her nose bleed . turns out , she was hit by the ball .

the players immediately went up to her and checked if she was alright . the girl stood up slowly and held her head with a hissed , annoyed and bothered .

" aera-ya , are you alrigh- aera ! "

the girl passed out causing everyone to be concerned yet no one even dared to help . except for one .

" can someone please help me on placing her carefully on my back ? "

— jake

while we were playing the game , hyejun suddenly passed the ball fast causing of it flying through the other direction . and that's when a girl got hit by the ball .

park aera ?

my eyes widened when her nose started to bleed and fainted with a loud thud making me run to her instanlty .

i got so worried that i ran to the infirmary and inform the nurse about what happened . but on my way out i saw a figure- no , there were two .

it was heeseung carrying her on his back .

i watched him through the door outside , and at that time , that's when i realized that i am not the only one who has feelings for her .

i sighed and leaned on the door while watching her sleep . everybody seems to misunderstand her existence , and no she is not a robot . no she's not a machine and google .

she's an astonishing girl with dreams and hopes within her . she has emotions and feelings and not soulless . she is much more than the words that are thrown at her .