十八

" Serenade. "

——————————

It has been a week since that incident happened but it was crystal clear that the two have not let it pass just yet. The scenarios kept on playing in their heads as if it were some disc playing on repeat and though it seemed bearable, it frankly wasn't.

It had also been a week since they last saw and interacted with each other but rumor has it that the CEO might reveal good news for the company about his current status. Some may say that Heeseung and his fiance are getting married soon.

It was indeed good news for Aera. After all, they suit each other the best and she could see the sparks whenever Heeseung and Yeora were together. It was always a good sight to see them spending their time with each other and having a great time despite him handling the company too promisingly as well. She admits that she always admires him for having such a loving nature even though years have passed and he changed to what they decipher as Heeseung today.

Nonetheless, she'll be forever grateful that she caught up with Heeseung when they were young. The love they had before could equal the happiness she could wish for Heeseung when he gets married because, at the end of the day, she loves him.

Aera put her thoughts aside as she proceeded to talk with Yerim.

" I bet your father would not allow you to cancel our wedding. " Yeora stated in disbelief as to what the latter's decision was.

Heeseung breathes in before speaking. " It's that or I'll leave the company. " He replied with no hesitation or even having a second thought about having to drop a big responsibility just to cancel the wedding. " He forced me to do all of this for years as if he's the one who has the hold of my life. " He complained.

Yeora could only shake her head in disbelief. Although as much as she wants to support him in his decision she just knows what the outcome would be. " Look, as much as I wanted to support your decision, you knew very well how powerful your father could be and he could step out of the boundaries just to get what he wants. Your name will be filthy just by his words. " She clarified.

However, Yeora understood that no matter how many times she tried to explain to him, the end game would always just be the same.

" Like father like son. " Heeseung said jokingly before excusing himself and taking a leave at his office.

Yeora watched him until he disappeared from her vision with each step representing the more hopeless she became by convincing him.

And who would have figured that maybe those worries that turned into words earlier were also revealing her feelings for him?

The talk he had earlier with Yeora appears as if the time only worked properly inside his office because once he got out, he never realized how dark had it been outside. The lights in the hallways are brighter while the noise from the workers fades.

He started walking not knowing exactly where to go and decided to follow where his legs would take him. Maybe a little stroll? he thought.

He took his precious time to appreciate his surroundings while thinking about how he missed out on such an amazing interior of the company. Well, he grew up to just never care about it especially since it was from his father, and it rather made him feel the opposite of what he was feeling at the moment.

But ever since she joined the company he felt as if the air shifted around him changing it constantly the more he saw her. It was as if something like that had occurred already or it felt as if he finally found himself lost again inside the love maze. He felt nostalgia.

And speaking of the woman that had been occupying his mind, there she was resting her head on the table and soft snores that could be heard faintly as well as the papers scattered on her table in a clutter. 

Why are you still not home? He thought, slowly approaching, and when he reached beside her, the ravenette took off his blazer before carefully placing it on her small frame.

Heeseung smiled when she giggled in her sleep holding himself back from making any more contact.

" Just what are you dreaming right now, Aera? "

As the new week commenced, Aera found herself eagerly participating in the upcoming college events. However, her excitement was tinged with curiosity as she received a message from Heeseung, asking to meet him at a somewhat unusual spot, the rooftop.

Aera couldn't help but wonder what he had in mind, but trusting in his ability to surprise her, she headed to the specified location.

As she ascended the staircase to the rooftop, the faint sound of strumming music reached her ears. She followed the melodic strains until she reached the door to the rooftop, pushing it open, she was greeted by the sight of Heeseung sitting in a corner, his guitar in his hands, and a small setup of snacks and drinks beside him.

He looked up to you as you entered, his face lighting up with a warm smile. " Ah, you made it," he said, his voice low and soothing under the moonlight sky. " You're just in time for a private concert. "

He patted the space next to him, gesturing for her to take a seat. " I wanted to do something special for you, " He explained as she settled beside him. He plucked a few more chords on his guitar, his eyes fixed on her. " And I figured the rooftop was the perfect place for it. I hope you're ready to be serenaded. "

Aera's eyes gleamed, and her heart beat calmly despite its constant threats of bursting out of her chest.

Heeseung's eyes sparkled with warmth as he began to play a soft, melodic tune on his guitar. The notes filled the air, creating a soothing atmosphere that seemed to wrap around her like a warm embrace. The words he sang conveyed the depth of his feelings for her, each line a declaration of adoration and devotion.

The song ended leaving a sentimental lingering. Heeseung noticed her eyes were teary and attempted to hold her checks while he rubbed his thumbs moments before saying, " Your existence proves the existence of my world. " He said with a smile before adding.

" You are my world. "

——————————
AUTHOR'S NOTE :

suddenly im aera-