Chapter 1: Tutoring with Mr Baldi

"Hehe! You got it!"

"Hehe! You got it!"

"Great job!"

"I can't believe it. You're incredible!"

Professor Baldi was impressed with his top student, Emily Thing. She was the smartest student in the class and even the sweetest. Baldi loved her also for being the best. He didn't have less love though for the rest of his students, but he and Emily were close. Her father who was also the principal didn't treat her like his own daughter. He didn't show love toward her. Infront of the other teachers and students, Principal did act like he did love her, but Baldi knew it was all an act. She needed someone in her life. Someone to love and care for her. So Baldi became that someone for her.

Principal had noticed and didn't understand why a Baldi would treat a no one, something. Emily was nothing to him. All because his wife lied to him before she passed away.

After school hours, Baldi was tutoring Emily. She wanted to go to a good college and she wanted to the best to teach her more. Baldi liked that she asked him to tutor her. He loved helping his students. Especially for Emily. She maybe young to find a good college, but she was not planning to leave until she was 18.

"How about a test question?" He asked her.

"Ah what now!?" She gasped.

"It will be a bit tricky, but I will help ya." Baldi smiled. Suddenly he showed her a sheet it's strange scribbles on the paper.

This...this looks familiar...but how is this supposed to help me?

Once Baldi opened his mouth static sounds came out, "Plus...," more static, "...times," more static, "equals?"

Emily somewhat remembered Baldi talked about this before. Oh what was it!? It was a code something to do with the school.

Emily then remembered and wrote down 31718.

Baldi looked down and looked surprised. No one could ever solve his math impossible question. Except his cousin (by marriage), and his crazy step brother. He then smiled and patted her head, "You're fantastic, Emily!" He then hugged her. Emily blushed, but hugged her teacher back.

"I just remembered you talking about this impossible question." Emily said shyly.

"You know, you're probably the only person that has listened in my class," Baldi smiled, "that means a lot to me."

Emily then blushed up at him, "well, I really want to show my appreciation to you, Mr Baldi. You care so deeply for me and love and care for me more than my father does."

Baldi dropped his smile. Hearing her father, his boss made him mad at Principal, but he didn't show it to Emily. He smiled again and ruffled her hair. "Well, I don't see you any different from us, Emily. You're perfect for just who you are. Principal just doesn't see that."