Chapter 12: The Truth/Planning

     Playtime was worried. Ever since Baldi told the kids that the lady that came with them was Miss Emily a old student of his and the kids use to work with her, she became very worried for her. Baldi was worried himself. He felt like he failed to keep her safe from Viktor. He should've let her stay with him, instead he let her go. Why? He knew Viktor would hurt her. He now wanted to hold Emily and held her close in his arms protectively. He wanted her safe now. He loved her. Cared about her. Now...she was gone.

Baldi sat in his office hunched down. His elbows propped o his desk and his hands covering his face. He was too stressed out and had aniexty just thinking about Emily. Thats when Miss Pomp and Dr Reflex came in to check on him.

"...Mr Baldi?" Dr Reflex hesitated to speak.

"She's gone...," Baldi spoke softly.

"You know why, Mr Baldi," Miss Pomp told him kindly, "She had to go back to protect us all."

"But I love her." Baldi teared up, "like...really I'm inlove with her. I need her back. He's just going to hurt her."

Miss Pomp and Dr Reflex were shocked. He was inlove with Emily?

"Mr Baldi?...you don't sound well," Reflex gasped, "you're inlove with a student of yours?"

"She use to be his student. Now she is an adult." Miss Pomp explained.

"Wait...how's that possible?"

"...Principal told me. He slipped it out...Emily...is different than us."

"Everyone is different," Baldi frowned.

"Yes, but she isn't a humanoid."

"What are you talking about!?" Baldi crossed his arms.

"Her mother and Null aren't from this world," Miss Pomp said, "you see...Emily's mother worked as a scientist with Null. They were working on an invention to transport their minds into our world."

Baldi was so confused, "scientists? Transport minds? Other worlds? So what is our world? And theirs?"

"They are called humans. They are from a world that seems boring and full of reality. Here...this world is a video game world. We are called NPCs. non-player characters...and Jimmy is a PC."

Baldi blinked. All this time, Emily was...half a human and half video game character? Was that even possible? Wait even Null aka Filename2 was also a human? How?

"Wait. Null is a human? How's that possible!? He doesn't look human."

"Well, he said he thinks for how long he stayed here...he became a NPC. But he talked to me and he also said he is the creator of our school and us." Miss Pomp continued.

"So...he's like a god or something?" Baldi asked.

"He really doesn't like to be called that. He rather be called...a father or something like that." Miss Pomp explained. "I know it sounds confusing, but we are in a video game world, Mr Baldi."

Baldi held his head and tried to think this. "So...we're just...nothing? We are just here for people's entertainment?"

nothing? We are just here for people's entertainment?"

"No, Mr Baldi...," but Baldi cut off Dr Reflex.

"I can't believe this...so Emily and I...are really completely different people. She...she's not...us...," Baldi was so hurt. Someone he fell for was not from the same world like he was. Even if she was half human and half humanoid.

"It's not like you both can't be together," Miss Pomp encouraged him. She could see Baldi truly cared for Emily. Throughout the years he did. And now it was definitely romantic love and true love, "Principal and Emily's mother were together."

"But what if she keeps aging? I can't." Baldi asked.

"Well...Nully stopped aging once he became Null. So overtime Emily will too. I think she just age enough so she can be with her one and only. And that's you."

Baldi then smiled at Miss Pomp. She was so kind and sweet towards him.

"I'm still confused at this," Dr Reflex said, "she's a human and humanoid? I guess because Principal is...and her mother was a human...but she still stop aging over time?...my head is rambling over this."

Miss Pomp giggled, "I know it is, but it happened with Null."

"Mr Baldi!" Arts and Crafters rushed in, "Principal is gone! I checked his office and First Prize and I went to his house and he's not there. I think something terrible has happened to him!"

Baldi stood up and sensed he knew who could've done this. Viktor. Emily did say he would hurt anyone if Viktor found out if Emily and himself fooled around. He must've found out and strike at Principal first, "We need to barricade the school."

"W-What do you mean?" Dr Reflex asked.

"Did I stutter? Barricade the school! Viktor obviously did this and he is coming for us next! Arts!"

Arts and Crafters nodded.

"Get First Prize, and Null with kids. Keep them safe."

"What about you?"

Baldi picked up his phone dialing a number, "I'm calling my cousin...she works another school and I know she can help!"