Chapter 33

"Okay, class. Let's start the quiz."

My students scramble to get back to their desks. I gave them half the time to study or cram before I started the quiz. Mabuti nalang at sa fourth-year students ako na-assign. Since they were graduating, they were all taking me seriously and were afraid to fail the subject. Their behavior was one less problem I had to think about.

I presented the slide that contained all the questions for the quiz and gave them 30 minutes to answer. Pagkatapos, naupo lang ako sa tabi habang nagbabantay sa mga estyudante ko.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Enrique said this morning. I thought he had sworn me off after what I did last time. Akala ko dahil sa sakit na nararamdaman ay ililipat na niya ang pangalan ng bahay sa kaniya. We went our separate ways after that. There was no reason for him to hold onto me.

Stepping out of the classroom, I tried to dial the number of the realty company that called me before. Mabilis naman itong sinagot.

"Uhm, mag-i-inquire lang po sana ako..."

"Yes, Ma'am?"

"About sa status ng bahay under Miss Avery Felicia Perez," I swallowed.

"Can you hold for 2 minutes? I'll check our records, Ma'am."

I paced in the hallway for a few minutes until they started talking again.

"Ano pong i-inquire natin, Ma'am? As per our records, the house was fully paid last year. Updated naman po ang HOA fees pati na ang amilyar ng bahay."

"R-Really?"

"Although wala pong occupants as of now. We offer assistance if you want to rent out the house."

"Uhm, no. Thanks."

"Anything else I can do for you, Ma'am?"

"Wala na... salamat."

I ended the call and went back inside the classroom. I started searching for their realty company and the name of the subvision. Nasa norte pala ito. Pre-selling of the house models started when Enrique graduated from PMA. The value of the properties have increased over the years and as of today, it's almost fully occupied.

Goodness. If he starts dating another woman and she finds out he bought a house for his ex, he'd surely be kicked out of their relationship.

Napailing ako. I could not even think of a reason why he'd do that! Ilang beses ko pa ba siyang kailangang ipagtabuyan para mapagtanto niya na talagang wala na siyang babalikan? I know he promised to buy me a house when we were still dating, but we are over so there's no reason to fulfill that promise anymore.

Pagkatapos ng klase ay niligpit ko na kaagad ang mga gamit at dumaan muna sa faculty. I said hi to some professors before getting my things. I wanted to get some rest since I just kept tossing and turning around earlier.

When I stepped out of the faculty room, I stopped in my tracks when I saw Enrique standing at the end of the hallway. He was dressed properly this time, in a navy-blue Ralph Lauren button down and black jeans. Mukhang hindi naman ako nakita ng lalaki dahil nakatuon ang atensyon niya sa iba. Sinundan ko ang tingin niya hanggang sa dumapo ito sa dalawang dalagang nagtutulakan at nag-aasaran. May hawak silang mga papel.

My jaw dropped in realization. It's the twins! Leslie and Lianna!

Tumalikod kaagad ako at akmang aalis na nang makarinig ako ng boses.

"Ate Ganda!"

I stopped in my tracks, hesitating if I should turn around and respond to Leslie's voice. Mayamaya, naramdaman ko ang marahang paghawak sa braso ko.