Chapter 43

While I was waiting for Enrique to come home for our wedding, I attended two. Kina Celeste at Ravi, tapos kina Karlo at Nadia.

Celeste and Ravi's wedding is small and intimate. Nagpunta kaming lahat sa Isabela para sa kasal nila. No one is allowed to bring phones during the ceremony or take unauthorized pictures of them.

Piling-pili ang mga imbitado. Halos kami-kami lang rin ang narito.

During the reception, while Ravi and Celeste were having their first dance, I caught a glimpse of Karlo's fiancee, Nadia. Nasa gilid ito at may pinipinta. Celeste asked her if she could paint their wedding, and she agreed.

Kumuha ako ng wine glass at lumapit sa kaniya. As soon as she turned, I gasped in astonishment. Both for her beauty and talent.

"Ang galing mo!" Bulalas ko nang makitang sina Celeste at Ravi pala ang pinipinta niya, habang nagsasayaw sila.

"Thanks." She smiled politely.

"Hindi, seryoso, ang galing talaga!" Mas lalo pa akong lumapit para pagmasdan ang gawa niya.

She chuckled. "Thank you, again?"

She captured the magical moment between Celeste and Ravi. She's so damn talented! Ano bang nakita niya kay Karlo?!

"Lulu, tingnan mo... ang galing!"

Our friends started to crowd her one by one, in awe of her talent. Si Karlo naman, ngising-aso na dahil pinupuri ang fiancee niya.

"Ang galing, diba? Fiancee ko yan!"

"Ingay mo, Karlo."

Just three months after Celeste and Ravi's wedding, it was Karlo's turn. I thought it was going to be a traditional Chinese wedding since he's a full-blooded Chinese, but he adjusted everything for his bride.

Nadia is stunning. She's the epitome of an elegant woman. Nakakahiya kasi yung asawa niya, parang pinulot lang sa kanto. Pero buti na rin dahil magiging kaibigan na namin ang isang tulad niya!

Enrique tried to keep in touch with me as soon as he could. Kapag bumababa sila ng bundok, nagkakasignal at tumatawag siya sa akin. Kung hindi naman, matiyaga lang akong naghihintay kung kailan ulit siya makakagamit ng cellphone.

"Nareceive ko na ang wedding invitation! Ang cute!" Lulu exclaimed as soon as I answered the phone.

I chuckled, glancing at the wedding invitation that we worked so hard during the preparation. In honor of Enrique's service to the army, we included his rank insignia. It was subtle yet an elegant touch to send out invitations to our friends and families.

"Are you sure you don't want a bachelorette party?" She asked once more.

Umiling ako kahit hindi naman nakikita ng kaibigan. "We both agreed not to have pre-wedding parties, Lulu. 'Tsaka, baka magdala ka pa ng macho dancer dun, 'no!"

She laughed on the other line. After giving birth to their new baby, Lulu looked beautiful. Her skin got radiant and her eyes sparkled in motherhood joy.

"I'm not! 'Tamo, noong bachelorette party ko, si Ivo ang pinasayaw natin, diba?!"

I grimaced at the memory. "Past is past, Lulu. Ayoko nang maalala yun!"

She laughed again. "God, it was so easy to bully him into coming! Buti nalang talaga hindi pumunta si Raya sa party. I doubt she'd still want to marry Ivo after seeing him in that state!"

Nagtawanan kaming dalawa habang inaalala ang mga nangyari sa kasal niya noon. After talking and catching up, I ended the call and prepared to go to the airport. The wedding is in three weeks and Enrique is coming home today.