5.

i sat there with tears running down my face as i sat in the principals, mr. styles, office. i had a blanket draped around my shoulders.

"the cops have been called. every person involved will be getting arrested and suspended from this school." mr. styles spoke slowly.

i nodded.

"we also called your dad, but he didn't answer so we called your second emergency contact." mr. styles spoke.

"thank you." i spoke softly.

it didn't take long for ashton to come to the school and bust into the office.

"what happened?" he asked as he sat down in the chair next to me.

i didn't want anyone to touch me right now.

mr. styles explained the whole situation before adding, "we don't think this is the first instance of bullying."

ashton looked back at me and then mr. styles before asking, "did they get arrested? as far as i'm concerned that's sexual assault."

"yes, all the students involved were arrested and expelled from the school. the legal issues are out of my control at this point, but if you need me to testify as i was the person who walked in, i will gladly do it." mr. styles spoke with a kind smile.

"thank you sir. we'll be in contact." ashton spoke as he stood up and motioned for me to stand up as well.

i walked out slowly behind him clutching onto the blanket for dear life.

ashton went to adjust it, causing me to flinch back heavily.

"i'm sorry. please don't touch me right now." i spoke softly as i moved a bit to the side.

ashton nodded in response.

we got into the car and drove home.

the whole car ride was silent.

once we arrived home, i quickly walked out of the car and upstairs before ashton could stop me.

i locked my door and curled up in my bed and cried.

a lot of my emotions were coming from embarrassment and just self hate at this point.

i didn't care what happened at this point.

luke's pov

i finished consulting with a patient and went back into my office and sat down on my chair.

it was unfortunate.

the best people seemed to have the most bad luck with health.

i looked down at my phone and saw a miss call from a unknown number and ashton.

i quickly called ashton back.

"hey mate what's up?" i asked quickly.

"i need you to come back now." ashton spoke softly.

"why? what's wrong? is bailey okay?" i asked quickly.

"she's okay, but i need you home now." ashton replied.

"i'm coming." i spoke before hanging up and going to grab my files and briefcase before locking my office and leaving.

i shot calum and michael a text telling them i would be gone for the rest of the day.

i quickly called an uber and rode home.

———

i arrived at the house and entered to see ashton sitting on the couch with a grim expression.

"i need you to sit down and promise me you will handle this rationally." ashton spoke softly as he motioned for me to sit.

i sat down and looked at him.

the next words that came out of ashton's mouth made my blood boil.

"i need you to calm down and then go see her. she won't even let me touch her mate." ashton spoke softly as he motioned for me to breath.

i nodded and quickly shook off the anger.

i knew it wouldn't be good for her.

i walked upstairs and knocked on the door.

i got no reply.

"bailey, honey, can you open the door please. i'm so sorry i didn't answer the phone." i spoke as i knocked on the door again.

i heard the lock unlock quickly before hurrying feet ran back into bed.

i opened the door and saw the frame of my daughter sitting on the bed.

"hey baby." i whispered as i sat at the corner of the bed.

i went to gently grab her hand, but she quickly flinched away and pulled back.

"please don't touch me.