11.

after dad left i locked my door and hid myself under the blankets.

i just wanted everything to stop.

my mom left me because of my heart, why won't my dad do the same too?

luke's pov

i walked over to calum's room with tears in my eyes.

"i'm so stupid for not knowing." i muttered as i sat down in his chair.

"it's not your fault. don't say that. the important thing now is that we know and can try to stop it from happening again." calum spoke as he shot me a comforting smile.

i nodded in response.

"i'm sorry for asking, but can you go in there and wrap her wounds up. i don't think any are infected, but i'm also a cardiologist." i spoke softly as i looked down at my hands.

"yea no of course. how about you go shower and let the rest of us handle this for now." calum offered as he hopped up from his bed.

i nodded and walked over to my room and shut the door.

was i really that bad of a father?

bailey's pov

after i finished crying, i crawled out of bed and into the restroom to grab my lighter.

i felt terrible and anxious and quite frankly the only way for me to numb the pain was burning.

i grabbed the lighter out of my drawer and flicked it on.

it was beautiful.

something i was not.

i heard the door open and quickly hid the lighter back in the drawer before turning around to see calum standing there.

"hey love, i know you don't want me to see, but your dad needs me to check one more time to make sure you don't have an infection. i promise i wont judge you." calum spoke softly.

at this point, what could it hurt.

"okay." i whispered as i pulled my pants up and saw calum's eyes shift from colder to softer instantly.

"do you mind if i get closer to examine them?" calum asked as he looked at me.

i nodded slowly.

calum walked closer and bent down on his knees before pulling out his flashlight on his phone and examining the burns.

to say i was humiliated was an understatement.

calum backed up and looked up at me, "no infection, but i'm going to need to wrap these up and change the wrappings every day until they are healed."

i nodded once again. there really wasn't much to say.

as long as i had my lighter, i could do it.

calum began by cleaning them with peroxide which quite literally burned so bad then wrapped them up with gauze.

"please don't do this anymore. i'm here for you. your dad is. michael and ashton. we just want you happy and healthy." calum spoke softly as he stood up from the ground.

"i just want to die calum. i really don't want to be here anymore. i can't stand the idea of waiting to die anymore." i spoke dryly.

"hold on for as long as you can. you can do this. stay strong beautiful, we know you can do it." calum spoke softly.

that touched me.

maybe i could, maybe i couldn't.

i didn't know what to think anymore.