12.

i woke up the next morning. i couldn't help but think about what happened yesterday.

how could i be so stupid?

they were never supposed to know.

i heard someone going through my drawers in the bathroom and quickly walked over.

i saw dad and ashton standing there going through my drawers.

good thing i moved my lighter before i fell asleep.

"what are you doing?" i spoke slowly.

"i need you to give me the lighter." dad spoke as he had his arm way back in my top drawer.

"i have no clue what you're talking about. best of luck." i spoke as i forced a fake smile on my face.

i was done showing how broken i truly was.

"bailey, don't make this harder than it already is. what the hell is going on with you." dad spoke. i could tell he was becoming agitated.

"nothing's going on with me. what's going on with you?" i spoke with a glare.

i hated him right now.

"bailey hemmings. give me the damn lighter." dad spoke in a gravely low voice.

it was his warning voice.

"fuck you." i replied calmly as i pushed my way out of the room.

"stop! why are you doing this? i want you healthy and better, but everytime i try to do that you make yourself worse? why do you do this every fucking time!" dad yelled as he spun me around to face him.

"maybe because you need to let me go! i'm dying dad! do i need to spell that out for you? i'm fucking dying. so let me die. i'm so tired of your fake fucking optimism. let me go." i spit out as i ripped my arm away and headed downstairs.

i didn't hear dad follow after me.

i didn't want him to follow after me.

i was done. officially done.

luke's pov

i walked over to my room and threw the stuff on my dresser on the floor before punching the wall leaving a huge hole.

"fuck!" i yelled as i drew my hand back in pain.

"stop. get a hold of yourself." ashton spoke loudly as he approached me.

"why is she being like this? i'm just trying to help." i muttered as i sat down on my bed in frustration.

"she doesn't want your help right now. the best thing you can do is pick yourself back up and act your age. give her some space." ashton spoke slowly.

i didn't want to give her space.

if she was going to act like a child, i was going to treat her like she was a child. 

bailey's pov

i walked down the street with nothing but my phone and earphones.

why didn't dad understand.

suddenly, i felt a pain in my chest i couldn't explain and crouched down on the floor.

i felt my breathing constrict and my heart start beating funny before i was laying on the floor.

the last thing i remember was a man standing above me asking if i was okay.

———

i woke up in a very familiar setting, without my dad.

"hey sweetheart, someone found you passed out in the streets." a nurse spoke as she checked my vitals.

"i have heart failure, but i'm on the list." i spoke weakly.

"we called the person on your emergency contact form. she will be here shortly." the nurse spoke completely dismissing my comment.

she?

"wait, she? you didn't call my dad. dr. luke hemmings?" i asked quickly.

"no, he didn't answer. we called mandy williams." the nurse spoke.

i sat quietly for a minute before looking up.

"why would you call my mom?"