Chapter 6: A Mother's Recommendation

The young Omega did not like to feel trapped in his own room, yet here he was. He wasn't usually scared of Alphas. No, he didn't usually feel this way and he did not like it. This was his home and he should not be the one running away from his problems.

So why did Izuku feel as though he couldn't leave his chambers? He had spent the last couple of days curled up in his nest, escaping in his books. The same books that he had chosen from his Library when the blond Alpha had confronted him.

Izuku was deeply engrossed in one of his adventure books when there was a sharp knock at his bedroom door.

"Enter," he said, not looking up from the pages he had been escaping into.

"Your Highness, your Mother is here to speak to you," one of the Omega's guards said as he peeked his head through the door.

"Thank you," Izuku replied, he looked up towards the door and smiled. It was always worth being polite to the guards.

A smile and a small nod was given back in response before stepping back and the Queen entered her son's chambers.

"Izuku, you are still in bed. That simply won't do, I don't think that it is a good idea for you to be hiding away in here. I know that you need to be careful around the Alphas, but it wouldn't hurt for you to be at least seen by them. Supervised, of course."

The young Prince didn't respond. He knew that his Mother was here to talk and he most likely should listen.

"I'm simply here to discuss the Alphas, Izuku. With the next Trial tomorrow, I need to know which ones have particularly caught your attention." The Queen was now sitting on the edge of her son's bed, her intense gaze making the young Omega squirm in his own nest.

"I gave you the list from the last Trial, you know where my head is at," Izuku replied, trying his best to hold his Mother's eye. It was not going well for him.

"Yes, and I have looked through that list with Yagi. What I want to know now is where your heart is at." her gaze softens when she says this. She loves her son, and indeed wants him to be happy and loved in his mating. However, she doesn't always know how to show it effectively.

To say that the young Omega was surprised by his Mother's words was an understatement. They had discussed how Izuku didn't want to be pushed into a forced mating, but to know that she had actually listened to him made this whole experience seem a little less daunting.

"Oh," Izuku was a little lost for words, something that was happening more often recently. He instead smiled at the Queen and closed the book he had been reading when she had entered his chambers unannounced.

"I was told about the event outside your Library, I had to speak to both Alpha Princes separately about it. Is there something going on between you and Prince Bakugo or Prince Todoroki?" She was trying her best to not interfere in her son's perceptions of the potential Alphas, yet, she knew she wouldn't forgive herself if she didn't speak to her son.

"Nothing is going on between, Mother," the Omega huffed out, blush spreading across his innocent little face. They both knew that there was more to this, yet Izuku wasn't ready to fully divulge his feelings to his Mother. He didn't really know how he felt, so he knew that he couldn't share his thoughts with her.

Inko simply nodded, took a deep breath and began talking. "That may be the case, Izuku. But, I need you to know a few things. You do seem more drawn to the two Alphas, which is wonderful to see. However, I need you to know a few things. Yagi was sceptical about me telling you this, but I believe you should be made aware of what kind of family you might be choosing."

She paused momentarily to check that her son was listening fully before she carried on. "King and Queen Bakugo have always been close allies to our Kingdom, you know that, yet their son strikes me as quite reckless and I worry that you might be bullied by him somewhat. I know that he is a strong Alpha, I have seen him in combat. Yet, I'm just not sure about the pairing. His strength is impressive and I know that he can hold his own, I just worry."