Chapter Five - Facing The Red Death

Hours pass for the Dragon Riders as they fly out towards the nest, Hiccup hoping they don't run into Stoick or the other villagers on the way over, uncertain about their location relative to the riders. As the rest of the dragons rode ahead, Hiccup and Toothless would pull the boat Gobber, Bucket and Mulch were on, with Toothless still leading the way. Meanwhile with the other Riders, a slight communication breakdown arises.

Astrid: "Okay so do we all remember the plan?"

Tuffnut: "Not us, we never pay attention."

Astrid: "Typical..."

Snotlout: "And I refuse to take direction, it's my way or the highway."

Astrid: "And doing that would get us all killed... Muttonheads..."

Fishlegs: "Guys we have to follow Hiccup's directions to the letter, and remain at our posts until he arrives."

Ruffnut: "And what posts would they be?"

Fishlegs: "First, Astrid will get the smaller dragons out of the nest, and get them to safety. Next, Snotlout and I will make as much noise as we can to lure the queen out, the twins will then fly in to try and find out about it's shot limit. Finally Hiccup and Toothless will seemingly take over."

Tuffnut: "Oh right, I knew that."

Astrid: "I'm surrounded by idiots... Alright come on lets get to our positions and wait for Hiccup."

Ruffnut: "What's even going on with those two? They seem incredibly close... I don't like it."

They all continue this conversation as they carry on forward, while Hiccup leads Gobber's ship to the shore. as soon as Toothless reaches the right island.

Gobber: "Odin help us, this place looks massive!"

Hiccup: "Well if that's the case then you don't want to see what's inside..."

Bucket: "Er... What is inside? Herring? Chicken? Herring?"

Hiccup: "You said that one already and no, we're going to be in for the biggest dragon you'll have ever seen."

He replies as Toothless drops the tow rope, Astrid then begins her entry into the cave with Stormfly making out a massive bellowing call to the smaller dragons, driving them all out.

Fishlegs: "I think it's working!"

Hiccup: "That's only phase one, but you and Snotlout have to wait until she's out to force the Red Death out."

Fishlegs: "You know it's easier said than done babysitting Snotlout like this..."

Hiccup: "Duly noted, but it's not like we had any other options here."

They all see Astrid and the rest of the dragons from inside the nest flying away, she then lands Stormfly next to Gobber's ship as Hiccup turns back to the boys.

Hiccup: "Alright, 'Lout, 'Legs, move in and make noise."

Snotlout: "As if you have to ask me twice!~"

He replies in a confident yet cocky tone, as he and Fishlegs rush into the cave with their dragons, making as much noise as possible with their shields and hammers. The rest of the Riders would also hear the sounds of stone cracking inside the tunnels, and outside the nest itself, seeing the Red Death poke his head out.

Gobber: "Beard of Thor! That thing is massive!"

Hiccup: "I know... Here's hoping they can keep it distracted enough to not know what Toothless and I are up to..."

He answers back as he sees Ruffnut, Tuffnut and their dragon moving in to attempt to annoy the dragon into using up its flame throwing ability, while Fishlegs and Snotlout continue to misdirect and disorient it.