Chapter Eleven - Unwelcome Visitors

Three months pass after the first dragon friendly Snoggletog, and things seem to be going normal on Berk. After Hiccup had shown them how to manage their behaviours and building more dragon friendly structures, there seemed to be bliss on the island, but then a ship full of fishermen, arrives at the docklands with some grim news for Stoick.

Stoick: "You guys came back quickly, almost too quickly..."

Fisherman 1: "Chief Stoick, you need to prepare, the Outcasts are preparing for arrival!"

Stoick: "Oh no..."

Fisherman 2: " It gets worse, Alvin the treacherous is asking for the Dragon Conqueror... Believing it to be your boy..."

Stoick: "Hiccup!?"

Fisherman 1: "Yes, and he'll be here in a few hours!"

Stoick: "Oh no... I'd better let him know whats going on!"

He sprints away back to his home, writing a note on some parchment warning Hiccup and the Dragon Riders to take precautions over the hiding the dragons and keeping their identity concealed. After finishing the note, he ties it to Messenger's neck and sends him off to Dragon's Edge, All the while praying.

Stoick: "Thor, please don't let Hiccup fall victim to this encounter..."

Meanwhile at the Edge, Hiccup had placed himself into the communal hot spring on the island, only wearing a set of skivvies due to exposure concerns, and taking off his peg leg so it wouldn't rust. As he slipped into the water and started to relax and cleanse himself, he would see Astrid coming over in a similar state of undress, assuming the springs to be empty.

Astrid: "Oh! Sorry I didn't know it was occupied..."

Hiccup: "Oh, right I should have said I was heading over to the springs..."

Astrid: "Heh... Well if you want I could wait until-"

Hiccup: "Oh no, don't be ridiculous Astrid, I mean we have to keep ourselves clean, and relax every once in a while. Besides... Heh... It's just the two of us... And... There is enough room in here for two..."

He replied turning slightly red in the face, realising what he just said as Toothless makes a confused grunt. Astrid too blushing as she brushes her hair back, but with a nervous giggle pipes up with.

Astrid: "Sure seems that way, heh... So... Mind if I join you?..."

He smiles nervously as he motions for her to come over with a nod, she drops her drying cloth on the rock next to Hiccup's, and slides into the spring with him. The nervousness beginning to fade away as they took the warmth of the pond in, and after cleansing themselves and each other for hard to reach places, they just held each other as they relaxed.

Hiccup: "You know it's actually nice to have this alone time with you Astrid."

Astrid: "Heh, you've got that right, no distractions, no interruptions."

As soon as she says that however, Fishlegs rides in on Meatlug, holding a piece of parchment in his hands.

Fishlegs: "Hiccup! Astrid!"

Hiccup: "Oh for Thor's sakes! We can't even have an hour to ourselves!?"

Fishlegs: "Its urgent Hiccup! A terror-mail from your father came in."

Hiccup: "How urgent?"

Fishlegs: "World ending..."

The fear in Fishlegs face being mirrored by the shock now creeping up on Hiccup and Astrid's faces.

Hiccup: "Another time?"

Astrid: "Another time."

They both get out of the spring, drying themselves off and hop on their dragons to get back to their hut to organise themselves. After some considerable time, they all meet at the clubhouse, where Hiccup begins reading his father's note.