Chapter Eight - Dragon Exodus

It had been over a month since the defeat of Red Death, the liberation of the dragons, and peace had been officially declared in Berk, ending the bloodshed of vikings and dragons. And with this everyone prepared for their annual holiday, referred to as Snoggletog, in which Hiccup hoped would be one of the better ones, despite having moved away from Berk. But as the residents of Dragon's Edge slept, one particular dragon was eager to stretch his wings, making a major amount of noise by jumping on the roof of Hiccup and Astrid's hut.

Astrid: "Ugh... Hiccup? I think Toothless wants to fly again..."

Hiccup: "Mmm... Every morning at 6:00, without fail... Why is it always this early?..."

Astrid: "I don't know but can you do something about it please?..."

Hiccup: "Okay, okay, I'm going..."

He replies still groggily and having a stretch before he gets up, putting on his viking helmet.

Astrid: "Oh and don't forget we have to be at Berk to help out with the decoration efforts in a few hours."

Hiccup: "Don't worry, I'll be there."

He answers kissing her cheek before he exits the house, yawning as he rubs his eyes, feeling the cold winter air on his face and seeing Toothless on the roof, still making noise.

Hiccup: "Well good morning Mr Bossy."

Toothless responds with a chortle, which Hiccup playfully mimics as the dragon comes to the ground.

Hiccup: "Do you always have to wake me up so early to go fly-ING!"

He begins to yell as his peg-leg slips across the ice, Toothless catches him and then he rights himself. Cursing the peg-leg out for his slip, while Toothless watches on in concern.

Hiccup: "Oh I'm okay now, thanks buddy, and yes we can go flying now."

He reassures Toothless with a head pat as Toothless suddenly burps in his face, causing Hiccup to exclaim.

Hiccup: "Ew, ew, what? Eww... Ugh, Toothless!... How many trout did you end up snacking on last night?"

He asks as he begins to set Toothless's saddle and tail fin, after a bit of time, they were up in the air, performing tricks and breaking speed records, with one particular trick they'd been working on for quite some time.

Hiccup: "You ready bud?"

Toothless hesitantly nods as Hiccup undoes the clip connecting him to Toothless's saddle, takes his foot out of the stirrup and jumps over a horizontal portion of a seasick while Toothless dives underneath it. Meeting in the middle after the leap and Hiccup readjusts himself back into Toothless's saddle, with the dragon still flying.

Hiccup: "Yes! Finally we got it bud!"

Toothless lets out a celebratory plasma blast after this display, making Hiccup weary.

Hiccup: "Yeah we're not doing that again bud, not after the smoke bath you gave me last time."

He calls out as he steers Toothless away from the plasma blast.

Hiccup: "Besides, we'd better look presentable for the Snoggletog celebrations at Berk. Speaking of, we'd better go over there bud."

Toothless nods as he flies them to the island, seeing the rest of the Dragon Riders there had all just landed, placing themselves down near the well outside the Blacksmith stall.

Hiccup: "See Astrid, I told you I'd make it."

Tuffnut: "Cool, any new tricks you learned or perfected with Toothless?"