Chapter Twenty-Three - Threat level Jorgenson

The next day dawned, and the Dragon Riders were all woken up by the sounds of yelling coming from the training arena. Assuming it to be Ruffnut and Tuffnut, a clearly agitated and weary Hiccup, hobbles to the arena with a yawn and bloodshot eyes. Upon arriving to chew them out, he sees Spitelout there, waving his axe around and screaming like a barbarian. Hiccup tries to snap Spitelout out of his trance, but clearly he wasn't listening, and continues to toss his weapons at targeted barrels, until Hiccup raises his voice.

Hiccup: "SPITELOUT!"

Spitelout: "Oh, morning boy-o, I was getting a good hard workout in, gotta keep this body in tip top condition!"

Hiccup: "So I could hear... As could everyone else..."

He dryly remarks, gesturing to the crowd of sleep deprived vikings, before turning back to Spitelout. Rubbing his eye as he asks him a question.

Hiccup: "Spitelout... Have you been here all night?"

Spitelout: "Well I wasn't going to let this opportunity and space go to waste. Besides, sleep is for the weak!"

Fishlegs: "But, your eyelids are more purple than Toothless's plasma shots... Sir..."

Spitelout: "Oh hogwash, Fish-breath! I'll sleep when I'm dead!"

Tuffnut: "What is this? A Snotlout clone?"

Astrid: "That's just his dad Tuffnut, all Jorgenson's act like that..."

Hiccup: "Don't you think maybe you should take a break? You've gone at this seemingly for hours..."

Spitelout: "In case you haven't noticed Hiccup, My son-"

Hiccup: "Has disappeared, yes, I'm well aware... But we have to at least hold onto hope that he'll return soon."

Tuffnut: "Are you sure? I figured that he was dead."

Hiccup: "Not helping, Tuffnut..."

Fishlegs: "Wait a second, why do you care about finding him? You two butt heads more often than the twins."

Spitelout: "It's called a father's instinct, boy-o. Even if we don't see eye to eye, I still care about his wellbeing, much like Stoick and his boy."

Hiccup: "Okay I'm just going to ignore the fact that you just referred to me as 'Stoick's boy' and instead see if we could get you something to eat..."

Heather: "I'll get the stove lit..."

Spitelout: "Well if you insist. Oh and look sharp in a few hours boy-o, your father will be along shortly."

Hiccup: "Dad's coming here? Great... More stuff to think about. Snotlout missing, mom's gone off to Thor knows where, Spitelout's now staying here on a provisional basis, and to top it all off, I'm now expected to host my own father here on such short notice?... Ugh... Why can't I just catch a break at least once...?"

He mutters to himself as he goes up to the hot spring to clean up, the other Dragon Riders and Spitelout meanwhile, head up to the clubhouse for the upcoming meal. Meanwhile at the Hunter's camp, Snotlout awoke and strolled out of his tent, bumping into Savage getting some munitions ready for an upcoming voyage.

Snotlout: "What's all this for Savage?"

Savage: "We're heading out to the edge, give that scrawny one legged twig of a chief a little surprise. Viggo gave the order last night."

Snotlout: "Wow... He does not fool around does he?"

Ryker: "That's my little brother for you. He's a lot more... Methodical in his battle tactics compared to the last leader we had."