15

Kim Taehyung's POV

This is it! My first tournament game. I am excited and nervous, but I am happy to be part of a team. I didn't expect that I would be part of this tournament.

"Ready boys? "Ms. Lim asked. We are preparing to come out in court. This is an advantage to us since it's our home court.

"Ready! RiverDale, One Big Fight! "

We cheered, then one by one we came out in the court to do some stretching. When we came out, everyone cheered for us. I also saw that some seniors were here, but my eyes caught a man who was sitting beside the principal, Jeon Jungkook.

"Tae! Let's practice our combo combination play," Jin said, making me remove my eyes from him.

I and Jin were practicing our combination play, and when I do the spiking, everyone will cheer for me, which boosts my confidence.

"Stop being showy. I hate it." I was shocked when Yugyeom spoke at my back.

I didn't give him attention. I ignore him because I don't want him to ruin my mood today.

Our opponents have also arrived inside the court. They are all tall, but I don't mind. We can defeat them.

After a few minutes of stretching and practicing, we heard the sign of the start of the game. We line up, then we introduce them one by one. I was waiting for my name to be called for the first six players, but I was shocked when my name was not mentioned.

"Coach, why is Taehyung not included in the first six? "Jimin asked while the opponents were getting introduced.

"I put his name in the first six players," Ms. Lim said.

"Yugyeom, did you remove Taehyung from the list? "Ms. Lim asked.

Yugyeom nodded and said, "He can be our substitute."

Ms. Lim sighed. She couldn't believe what Yugyeom did. I don't have any choice but to sit down in the chair and watch them position themselves inside the court.

"Don't worry, Tae. I will put you inside the court after break time," Ms. Lim said, and she sat beside her.

Our team is the one that will serve. I was their play; Yugyeom always makes errors. But he doesn't want to leave the court.

"LET KIM TAEHYUNG IN! "I heard the Wonwoo voice. I quickly look around to see where he is. I saw him; he was beside Jungkook.

I saw Jungkook looking at me. But my eyes were removed when I heard a loud noise and saw one of our teammates on the ground. He is dealing with pain. The medical team immediately assisted him.

"Taehyung, get inside the court," I heard Ms. Lim yell.

I quickly stand up and run inside the court while Yugyeom is giving me a look.

"Let's win this game, Taehyung! "I heard Jimin yell at me.

I positioned myself, and I was dedicated to making us bounce back. I want my dad to be proud of me this time.

The score is 1-7, and the opponents have the ball. As they served the ball, Jimin quickly received it and gave the ball to Jin so that he could position himself to set it.

Jin sets the ball for me. I move backwards, then I get my momentum to spike the ball. I saw that they were going to block me, but I positioned myself on the other side, where there was a huge space, and then I spiked it.

The court was rumbled when no one's received the ball from my spike, making us get one point.