Chapter IX

A few months later...

The recruits were granted another two-day break, allowing them to see loved ones or simply relax away from the rigors of the army. This timeY/N was back home. His mama had smothered him with kisses and questions, while his papa was both proud and shocked at how much stronger Y/N had grown over the year and a half since he had joined the army.

Now 13 and a half, Y/N was taller and more muscular, and it made him happy to see his parents' pride in his physical transformation.

Frieda had also come to visit, much to Y/N's delight. They were now the same height, which Frieda pointed out with a smile.

Frieda had decided to spend time with Y/N's parents instead of staying at the Reiss estate. She had brought books with her, and they were currently eating pie that his mama had made. Frieda seemed a bit nervous which caught Y/N's attention.

Marcus approached Anna with an amused smile. "Dear, remember she might be a princess, but she's just Y/N's friend right now."

Anna sighed. "I know, but the girl is sweet and cheerful. I'm just worried etiquette might still be necessary, even all these months later."

Meanwhile Frieda looked at Y/N, "I brought these books to study."

Y/N's lips were stained with strawberry syrup and apple pieces. "About what?"

Frieda giggled and cleaned his lips with her handkerchief. "You'll see," she said, grinning. "We should go to your room so I can explain more."

.

.

Y/N nodded, and they headed upstairs. Once in his room, Frieda's excitement was palpable. She set the books on his desk and revealed the titles:

"Foundations of Political Thought: The Early History of the Walls"

"Governance and Power: The Role of the Royal Family"

"Public Administration and Policy in Wall Society"

"Military Strategy and Civil Leadership: Balancing Power"

Y/N looked at the titles, tilting his head. "Politics?" he asked.

Frieda nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! These are about how our society is structured, how decisions are made, and how power is balanced between the military and the royal family. As future leaders, we need to understand these things."

Y/N scratched his head, looking at the books with curiosity and confusion. "But why do I need to learn about this stuff?"

Frieda smiled warmly. "Because you have a brilliant mind, Y/N. Understanding politics will help you see the bigger picture and maybe even find ways to improve things. Plus, I thought it might be fun for us to learn together."

"Fine, let's give it a try."

Frieda clapped her hands excitedly. "Great! Let's start with 'Foundations of Political Thought.' It's about the early history of the walls and how our society was formed."

Y/N nodded, and they sat down together, opening the first book.

Frieda sat on the edge of Y/N's bed, her dress modest yet elegant, befitting her royal status. The dress was a deep blue, complementing her bright eyes, with delicate lace trim and subtle embroidery that added a touch of regality. Y/N sat next to her, their shoulders nearly touching as she opened the first book.

Frieda's eyes were glued to the text, her smile widening as she read aloud. Y/N stared at her, captivated by the way her eyes looked with excitement and her lips moved as she spoke. He didn't quite understand why he was so mesmerized by her, but his mind started to come up with all sorts of theories.