Chapter XV

Y/N sat in his room surrounded by piles of books, deeply engrossed in his studies. The books covered every surface, each one opened to different chapters and sections.

His mother came upstairs and knocked softly on the door. "Honey! I brought your favorite—"

"Not now, Mama!" he called out, not taking his eyes off the text in front of him.

Anna yelped in surprise, the tray of chocolate cookies slipping from her hands but she caught them before they fell onto the floor. She quickly composed herself and entered the room, closing the door behind her. She set the cookies on his desk and patted his head gently. "What are you working on? Perhaps another invention?"

Y/N shook his head. "Nope." He gestured to the pile of books around him.

Anna picked up one of the books, reading the title aloud. "'The Fundamentals of Political Science,' 'Economic Strategies for the Prosperous Kingdom,' 'The Art of Statesmanship,' 'Educational Reform and Its Impact,' 'Court Etiquette and Protocol,' 'The Complete Guide to Courtesy in the Royal Court'... Honey, these are serious subjects."

"I know, Mama. Frieda needs me. She said,"—he repeated. "'Y/N, with your help, I can be a better leader. You'll be by my side in court soon.'"

"Honey—"

Y/N interrupted, "She even gave me a ring. Look!" He held up his hand, showing her the ring with a bright, proud smile. "It belonged to her grandfather."

Anna gasped, her eyes widening in shock. Y/N went back to his reading, he stood up for a moment, grabbed a cookie, kissed his mother on the cheek and then sat back down to study.

Anna stood there, stunned and processing everything. Marcus came upstairs, his hands dirty and greased from fixing the cartwheel. He wiped his hands on a cloth and looked at Anna. "Anna? What's going on?"

Anna took his hand and led him downstairs. "Marcus, our Y/N... We need to talk."

Anna and Marcus sat at the kitchen table. "Marcus, that girl—Queen Frieda... our Y/N is spending so much time with her. And the ring she gave him, it has gems... it's real jewelry."

Marcus waved it off initially. "Anna, you're overthinking it. They're just close friends, right?"

Anna shook her head, her voice insistent. "No, Marcus. The ring is an heirloom, passed down through the Reiss family. It's significant."

Marcus's eyes went wide with realization. "Wait, you're saying...?" He slammed his hands down on the table, startling Anna.

"LET'S GO! That's my boy! Damn! Woo that's what I've been waiting for! Yes! My boy has the Müller charm! Just like his grandfather. He was a charmer of noble ladies back in the day—"

Anna gave him a surprised look and Marcus quickly composed himself smiling warmly. "Frieda is a sweet girl, Anna. And so is our baby boy. He's got a good heart."

He grinned widely. "Does that mean the consort-to-be is upstairs right now? Well, let me be the first to congratula—"

Anna stopped him, shaking her head. "Gods, Marcus, you look like an excited boy. You're acting more like his friend than his father."

Marcus chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Can you blame me? Our son has managed to capture the heart of a queen! I always knew he was special, but this... this is something else."

Anna sighed but smiled, her pride showing through. "Yes, he is special. But we need to handle this carefully. It's a big step for Y/N and for us. We need to support him without overwhelming him."