Chapter XXVI

Announcement please stay until the end!

.

❛ ━━・ (🛠️🔬💡 🧪)・━━ ❜

.

Freya quickly assumed command and they both returned to HQ. The recruits, new and untested were with them. Their eyes darted around, taking in the sight of experienced soldiers and the escalating tension.

Captain Kitz Weilman, a man with sunken eyes and a thick brown mustache, stood at the center barking orders. His paranoia caused him to make hasty decisions that didn't seem to consider the situation fully.

"Evacuate the civilians! Get them out of here! And hold the Titans back, do whatever it takes!" Kitz shouted, his voice shaky with fear.

Y/N and Freya stood to the side, observing the scene. Y/N's muscles were tight with stress, but he maintained his composure. Freya seemed more focused.

Freya nudged Y/N, speaking in a low voice, "You need to go with the elite squad and help evacuate the civilians. You're always good with people; they need calm leadership right now."

Y/N frowned, concerned for her. "What about you? What are you going to do?"

Freya glanced at the recruits then back at Y/N. "I'll assist the recruits and move between squads to reduce casualties. They need guidance, and I can provide that."

Y/N's worry deepened. "Freya, you'll wear yourself out doing that."

"We all have to do our part. Now go, before Kitz has another meltdown."

Y/N nodded, reluctantly agreeing. "Be careful, Freya."

"You too," she replied, squeezing him on the shoulder.

As they moved to the supply room, Y/N and Freya started organizing the cadets.

"Alright, listen up!" Freya called out, commanding the attention of the room. "We need to be efficient and precise. Follow orders and stay alert. This isn't a drill."

. He knew they needed clear direction. "Make sure your gear is in top shape. Check everything twice. We can't afford any mistakes out there."

His mind began to churn out a strategy almost unconsciously. "We should form a defensive perimeter around the evacuation routes," Y/N said, his eyes narrowing as he visualized the layout. "Set up staggered barricades to funnel the Titans into narrow corridors. Use the buildings to create choke points, and position our best fighters at those points. The less experienced ones can support from behind, focusing on logistics and resupply."

Freya and the cadets listened their eyes widening as Y/N continued.

"We need to use the cannons strategically. Place them on rooftops for better angles and cover them with shields to protect them from debris. Rotate the crews regularly to keep them fresh. Use flares to signal positions and movements. Titans are drawn to movement and noise, so we can use that to our advantage. Set traps in the alleys and use explosives to take down multiple Titans at once. Have the Garrison forces focus on containment while the elite squads handle direct engagement. Keep communication lines open at all times to coordinate our efforts. And for the love of everything, ensure the civilians are moved in smaller, manageable groups to avoid panic and ."

He paused for breath, looking around. Freya was staring at him. "That... was brilliant," she said, slightly exasperated. "Did you get all that written down?"