Chapter 1

Cancer

  She rung the doorbell to the huge house that stood in front of her.

  She had ran away from home and met a nice girl named Libra who invited her to live with her and friends. It was nice of her to be so trusting.

   Suddenly, the door opened and Libra stood in the door frame.

"Hey! You're here!" She exclaimed happy to see her new friend.

"Oh hi!" Cancer greeted back. Before pointing at her huge suitcase. "I'll need help with this."

"Of course! I'll introduce you to everyone later." She then turned around to a red headed girl. "Aries, do you mind helping us with Cancer's luggage?"

"No problem." The girl named Aries responded and lifted the suitcase effortlessly and left to drop it to where Cancer could only assume was her room.

"Come in! I'll introduce you to everyone." Libra said joyfully. "You've met Aries. She's like our leader. She used to be a gang leader too, so she's like super badass. And here." She pointed at a purpled hair girl and a pink haired boy. Their hair color definitely caught Cancer's attention. "Are Aquarius and Gemini. They are like the ultimate power couple. Aqua is like super independent and strong and Gemini worships her and practically kisses the floor she walks."

  Libra then continued and pointed to a white haired guy and a brown haired guy. Both looked intimidating.
"So that's Capricorn. Aries kinda have a crush on him although she will always deny. And next to him is Virgo. He doesn't really get along with others except for Cap, although he's usually really nice to me. He looks like the type with trust issues."

"Wait. So Cap is the nice one and Virgo is the mean one?"

"Technically..." Libra simply answered although her tone was unsure. "Okay, next. Those two in the corner are Pisces and Taurus. Pisces is the guy with the reddish hair and the scary face while Taurus is the guy smiling. We all have a joke that they're gay for each other, but they always deny it which makes us tease them even more."
"I don't see Leo anywhere, but don't worry, she's a nice person though she is a bit wild." Libra continued.

  She then turned to two guys playing video games in the living room. "That's Saggitarius and my brother Scorpio."

  Cancer stared at Scorpio and then looked over at Libra. "That's your brother? You guys don't look alike?"

"I look more like mother and he looks more like our father. But don't bring it up, please, we're not very closed with him."

  Cancer simply nodded in response.

  Aries suddenly stopped Libra. "Cancer's room is the one in front of yours. I already put her bag up there."

"Alright. Cancer, you coming? I'll help you unpack."

  She followed Libra upstair and opened the door to her new room. It was simple with a bed in the middle, a desk and a closet. It was like a college dorm.

  The bathrooms were on each ends of the hallway.

  As she visited the house, she couldn't help but notice how expensive all of this must be. She decided to ask Libra.

"Who's paying for all this? No offense, but of you don't look like the type to have a job. "

"Well that's because this is an abandoned house that Aries and the others remodeled. So we don't pay rent and only food and bills for the water and electricity."

"Oh." She mouthed. She was definitely amazed by the work. The house didn't looked abandoned at all and it was quite cozy.

"Hey, what's this?" Libra asked as she pulled out a huge box. "It's pretty heavy."

"That's my record player and my vinyls." Cancer said. "I managed to take it from my house."

"I don't want to be intrusive, but," Her friend asked unsurely. "Why'd you leave? Like I'm looking at stuff and you have pretty nice things. Most of us who are here have either nothing or a lot of issues."

"Well, my dad is rich, but he's also an asshole. So I left, I couldn't stand him anyway."

"Oh, it's alright. You don't need to talk about it if you don't want to."

  Cancer gave her an apologetic look and mouthed a simple: Thank you.

  She gave her a smile. "Well, I'm going to go take a shower, and remember, supper is at seven."

  At that, Libra left leaving Cancer alone to unpack.

  Before leaving, she had managed to pack up most of her things and left.   She also emptied her bank account and was keeping them in the box Libra had picked up. She panicked and made up an excuse on the spot, hence the record player.

  She was scared of someone discovering the huge sum of cash.

  She wondered if she could help her new roommates with the bill since they invited her to stay with them.  But that was an issue for another time.

  She finished hanging her clothes in her new closet.

  Time passed and her clock showed seven. She remembered what Libra said and went downstairs for supper.
And to her surprise, the kitchen was on fire.