15 Fights and first day

Potions and Parcels and Paying

That's an interesting title." Lily says.

[It is morning at Hogwarts, Harry and Ron are running in the corridors, because they are late for Transfiguration class. In the class, a tabby cat is sitting on a desk. Harry and Ron rush in; Hermione rolls her eyes in annoyance because they're late for class.]

Ron: Whew, we made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?

"Really?" Ginny snorts.

[The cat jumps off the desk and transforms into Professor McGonagall, on-screen for the first time. The two boys are amazed.]

The hall laughed at that. Tony still couldn't believe it.

"How were we supposed to know she was a bloody cat?" Ron frowned.

McGonagall smiled proudly.

Ron: That was bloody brilliant.

McGonagall: Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch, that way one of you might be on time.

"Then at least he'd be useful." Lilith playfully teases her brother.

: We got lost.

McGonagall: Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats.

[Later on, inside Snape's potions classroom, the students are chattering, sitting near steaming cauldrons. The door slams open and Snape comes rushing in.]

"Have to agree Severus, that was a pretty good entrance. Very dramatic." Said Regulus.

Snape: There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few... [looks at Draco, who smiles] who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper... [Draco looks on] in death. [Draco raises his eyebrows. Snape sees Harry, writing what Snape said in his lecture down, in, his view, not paying attention.] Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention. [Hermione nudges Harry, finally making him look up to the Professor. Snape then walks to where he can speak to Harry more properly.] Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity.

"Really?" Lily sighed at him. With pursued lips.

Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood? [Hermione raises her hand. Harry shrugs.]

"Thats not a first year question." Dorcas snaps.

You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar? [Hermione's hand raises again.]

"That one too" Lily says.

Harry: I don't know, sir.

Snape: And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?

"What the hell snape!" Marlene exclaims.

Everyone was disappointed. None more that Rey. She looked up to him.

Harry: I don't know, sir.

Snape: Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything... [Draco has a smirk on his face] is it, Mr. Potter?