✏️eighteen✏️

Friday. November 3, 2023.

It's almost time for Yoongi's last class. he stands at his locker, looking through a bunch of papers that he has shoved into his locker. He sighs, looking for last night's homework.

"Hello." Yoongi hears Hoseok's voice and turns around. "Han?" Hoseok asked and Yoongi nods, swallowing the lump in his throat. "I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry." Hoseok says with a worried look on his face. Yoongi shakes his head. "Thank god. I just wanted to say hi and maybe we could hang out or something tonight? I want to be your friend and I was talking to a friend about you and he said not to ask for your number because you would think I was hitting on you."

Hoseok chuckles and that makes Yoongi smile a little. Yoongi nods making Hoseok smile back at him. "I was thinking about going to a movie maybe. I see you don't talk much so I feel like it's perfect." Yoongi nods with another smile. "So I will see you around 7?" Hoseok asked.

Yoongi takes in a deep breath, nodding his head. "Okay." He says quietly, looking up at Hoseok. Hoseok smiles bigger and nods his head, "Okay." He says, walking away.

Yoongi smiles to himself, looking back at Hoseok. Yoongi looks forward to see Namjoon and Jimin standing against the lockers in front of him. "What?" Yoongi asked. "You said something Gigi!" Jimin says with a big smile on his face, walking up to Yoongi. Yoongi smiles and nods his head, proud of himself.

"Won't be so hard to tell him who you are now will it?" Namjoon says and Yoongi sighs, "Tonight. I promise." Yoongi says walking away. Jimin and Namjoon look at each other.

+

Yoongi walks into the house, looking for his parents. "Hey mom." Yoongi says quietly. "Hey my baby. How was school?" She asked and Yoongi nods. "It was good. I have a question?" "Shoot." His mother replies. "Uh, this guy, a friend that I made recently, asked to hang out later tonight to go see a movie. I was wondering if you could drop me off at the mall around 7?"

Yoongi plays with his thumbs while he asks. He is nervous every time he asks his parents for something because they have already done so much for him and his brother.

They know that he is gay so he asked a big deal not be made about it when he asked to go somewhere with a guy, even if it is just a friend.

"Of course baby. I'm proud of you for making new friends." She says, kissing Yoongi on the top of his head. "I barely said a word. I feel so dumb for not being able to talk to him." Yoongi's mother sighs and shakes her head. "You know it's not your fault honey. And plus, if he doesn't like that you simply can't talk to him right now, then you shouldn't be his friend."

"It's not that," Yoongi rubs his hands to his face. "He doesn't care and that's why I feel so guilty. I somehow built up the confidence for one word. One." "That's better than nothing. You usually don't say anything." Yoongi tilts his head. His mother is right.

"I'm going to go do my homework." Yoongi says. He makes his way to his room and shuts the door.

+

Yoongi and his mother pull up to the front of the mall. His mother hands him some money for food and his ticket. "Just be yourself and remember to breathe. Do you remember what your therapist told you?" She questioned and Yoongi nods.

"Think about what I want to say and take my time doing it." Yoongi recites and his mother nods. She kisses him on top of his head, ruffling his hair. "Have fun kid." She says and he nods.