New Day, Bit Different?

The next day at school, I walked through the front gates with the usual crowd of fans and admirers trailing behind me. Normally, I'd flash them a friendly smile or wave, maybe even stop for a quick chat. But today, my mind was elsewhere. I barely noticed the excited greetings and whispers as I made my way down the bustling hallway.

"Umbreon! Great game yesterday!" a Pikachu called out, but I just nodded absently and kept walking.

"Umbreon, can you sign my notebook?" an Eevee asked, holding out a pen. I muttered a quick "later" and kept moving.

I could hear the confusion in their voices, but I didn't have time to worry about it. My thoughts were still on Sylveon. I needed to find her, to talk to her, and maybe-just maybe-get her to open up a little.

As I turned the corner, I nearly collided with Glaceon, who looked just as enthusiastic as ever. "Umbreon, that match was amazing! You were incredible out there!"

"Thanks, Glaceon," I said, forcing a smile. "I'm glad you enjoyed it."

She looked at me curiously, clearly noticing my distracted demeanor. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just... got a lot on my mind," I replied, trying to brush it off.

"Well, if you need to talk, I'm here," she offered with a smile.

(She to herself, Daydreaming: We could get close by this way, may be it would be the moment.
Ahhhhh..... it's getting me Excited just by thinking.)

"Thanks, I appreciate it," I said, giving her a quick nod before continuing on my way. But i didn't knew if she heard it or not.

As I walked through the halls, I could hear the usual chatter and laughter from the other students. Leafeon and Vaporeon were talking animatedly about the upcoming school festival, while Flareon and Jolteon were discussing some new training techniques they'd seen on TV. Everyone seemed to be in high spirits, still riding the wave of our victory from the day before.

I finally spotted Espeon near the lockers, and she waved me over. "Umbreon, you were awesome yesterday!"

"Thanks, Espeon," I said, genuinely appreciating her support. "Hey, have you seen Sylveon around?"

Espeon raised an eyebrow. "Sylveon? Why are you looking for her?"

"I just... I think we need to talk," I said, trying to keep my tone casual.

Espeon gave me a knowing look but didn't press further. "I saw her heading towards the library earlier. Maybe she's still there."

"Thanks, Espeon. I'll catch up with you later," I said, giving her a quick wave before heading towards the library.

As I walked, I couldn't help but notice the whispers following me. It seemed like everyone was talking about the game, and about me. Normally, I didn't mind the attention, but today it felt like a distraction from what I really wanted to focus on.

I reached the library and stepped inside, the quiet atmosphere a stark contrast to the bustling hallways. I scanned the room and spotted Sylveon at a table near the back, her face buried in a book. Taking a deep breath, I made my way over to her.

"Hey, Sylveon," I said, trying to sound casual as I approached her table.

She looked up, her expression as unreadable as ever. "Umbreon," she replied coolly.

"Mind if I sit?" I asked, pulling out a chair before she could answer.

She sighed but didn't protest, so I took that as a yes. "What do you want?" she asked, her tone more resigned than irritated.

"I just wanted to talk," I said, leaning back in my chair. "I feel like we got off on the wrong foot."

Sylveon raised an eyebrow. "And whose fault is that?"

"Okay, fair point," I admitted with a chuckle. "But I really do want to get to know you better."

"Why?" she asked, her eyes narrowing slightly.

"Because you're interesting," I said honestly. "You're different from everyone else, and I want to understand why."

She stared at me for a moment, then looked away. "Well, I'm not interested in being understood."

"Maybe not," I said, not deterred. "But that doesn't mean we can't be friends."

Sylveon didn't respond, but she didn't tell me to leave either. I took that as a small victory and settled into a more comfortable position, ready to wait her out.

"Alright, how about this," I said, trying a different approach. "You give me one chance. If you still don't like me after that, I'll leave you alone."

She glanced at me, considering my offer. "One chance?"

"One chance," I confirmed. "Deal?"

She sighed again, clearly reluctant. "Fine. One chance."

"Great," I said with a grin. "Let's start now. Tell me about that book you're reading."

She looked at the book in her hands and then back at me. For a moment, I thought she might refuse, but then she started talking, and I listened. Really listened. It was a small step, but it was a start.

As we talked, I could feel the eyes of the other students on us, but I didn't care. For the first time in a long time, I was more interested in the person in front of me than in the crowd around us.

----------×××----------

So this one is small, but next part should have already be published.

This is short cause of little mistake by me, so don't mind it, next parts would atleast 2000 words. Not very long, but perfect amount to keep readers engagement.

Longer parts sometimes become a headache.