Do I Wanna Know? (13)

Sal woke up with a headache from sleeping in Todd's room, and also specifically in a beanbag.

He checked his phone, Texts from Larry from like, an hour ago.

Lar Fisher: Yo ty for getting me home lmao
Lar Fisher: So I went to the gas station and I met like
Lar Fisher: the coolest guy at the cashier
Lar Fisher: Name tag said Archie I think
Lar Fisher: pls ask Todd to find him I need 2 befriend him

Sal groans, rubbing his eye, and taking his prosthetic eye out. " Yo, Todd..?? "

" Yeah?— Holy‐ Why is your eye just.. in your hand. " Todd questions, clearly unaware that Sal had a disfigured face that bad to have a fake eye.

" Uhh, Long story. " Sal gets up from the beanbag walking up to Todd's desk. " Larry's asking if you could find some guy named Archie from the gas station. "

" Not even gonna ask. Archie? I know one. " Todd types away on his computer, going through social medias to look for whoever Larry's into now.

" By the way, It's a saturday— You can go hangout with Travis. " Todd looks at Sal as he takes a picture of the employee's Facebook page.

" What? I might go hangout with Ashley instead, though. I miss her. " Sal pouts (wit his imaginary ahh lips ☠️☠️) and texts Larry.

Sally Johnson: Found him.

Lar Fisher: OMG THANK YOU??? Tell Todd i appreciate him and everything he does for me frfr

Sal looks at his screen and looks at Todd, Then back to his phone. " Yo, Larry said that he appreciates you and everything you do for him. "

" Dramatic. But tell him thank you. " Todd scoffs, typing away on his laptop to check on the Phelps family without telling Sal to actually leave and probably risk getting hurt because yk abuse runs in the family...

" 'Kay. I might go visit Trav again. " Sal mumbles as he puts his eye back in and texts Larry. 

Sally Johnson: He says thank you btw
Sally Johnson: pls pick, ash or trav
Sally Johnson: I wanna hangout wit 1 of em but idk who lol

Lar Fisher: ash first then trav
Lar Fisher: why pick one when you can have both LOL

Sally Johnson: dyk where she even hangs out

Lar Fisher: tbh.... no...

Sal rolls his eye at Larry's texts, going back home and unlocking the door with the keys that Lisa handed to him last night— His dad's still missing, probably ate breakfast at Larry's place, and whatever. He brushes off that thought and goes to take a shower, staring at his disfigured and almost unrecognisable "face". Who was he supposed to be without his mask?

Sal would hurriedly finish up his shower and taking care of his "face", then putting on his mask and once again staring into the mirror. He could only recognise himself once he puts on his prosthetics. How could his friends recognize him without it? I mean, Larry has seen his face once, and didn't care, right? But who is he to say that his friends would react the same? What if they react in disgust? or even fear? he could never show his scars to any of them at all.

Travis would be terrified, probably. Would he ever want to know about anything under this? would he probably kiss his scarred and wounded lips under these perfect porcelain ones? Wait, why is Sal thinking about that?

Sal takes a breath, grounding himself and lounging on the couch.

Trav: I want to tell you something.
Trav: Can we meet by the lake?