chapter 23

Port of Souls                            Lacey

I placed the cake perfectly. Just like mother had made it. I'm proud of myself. Now to conquer the world. I smile to myself.

"Krin, stop staring at Birdy you goose!" Bomb says quite loudly, pocking Krin. "Make your food."

"Who's a goose?" Doorlan screams from his room. Clearly informed about what is happening.

"Krin is "she replies, moving her curly red hair around. Her dark skin bathed in candle light. She looks like a goddess.

"Krin is what..." I asked. They have terms for stuff around here. I thought I knew most of them.

Doorlan comes out of his room nearest to the kitchen, "goose is a term for an idiot, Princess."

I freeze. A few beats later I realise everyone is watching me. I remember people. Then I laughed looking at Krin. Did he mean it? Princess. Did he know? Maybe. He has a reputation. I stare at a Krin wondering where on Tethoirs his food was.

"Where is your food?" he shrugs his shoulders and goes to the kitchen.

The gathering disperse back to their rooms.they are up to something.

"It's on its way, don't worry." he says as he pats my head "don't worry your pretty head about it blue bird."

I shake my head disapprovingly like a mother. He gets enough of that from Bomb. It aggravates him "you think i am pretty." I scrunch my nose like a bunny. tilting my head to the side.