10.

iris's pov:
      It was time for the first race of the season which is in Bahrain. We were just leaving the hotel room, I made sure we had everything we needed such as some toys and a coloring book for P and some snack for us. Max was in his own little world but I let him be since it's the first race weekend of the season.

We soon walk out of the room making our way down to the hotel lobby, getting outside to the car there was a lot of paparazzi, holding P close to me as Max held me close to him trying to protect his daughter and I as best as he could. Finally getting in the car setting P down in her car seat then turning to face forward "are you okay Ris" Max asked as he searched for an answer in my eyes.

"I'm completely okay Max, I'm kind of used to it but it's been a while. But I wasn't expecting that many people" letting a small laugh out with my words. The driver finally left the hotel to go towards the track which was only a few minutes away.

We listened to how excited P is for the race season to start, according to her "Daddy is going to win all the races this year" which made both of us laugh audibly.

Max responding "I'll try to win as many races for you my flower, as many as I can for my flowers who will be here supporting me" as he trailed off giving my knee a soft squeeze. Giving him a soft smile before looking out the window watching my our journey towards the track in a city I've never been too.

We were soon notified that we made it to the track. Max handed P and I our paddock passes that had our names and pictures on it. We walk hand in hand as P sat on Max's shoulders, getting inside we scanned our passes then relinked our hands.

You could hear people questioning us. Out of nowhere a scooter pulls up next to me, looking over at who it is I see no other than Lando Norris... laughing out loud. Max whips his head to see what I am laughing at before unlinking our hands to walk in between Lando and I and grabbing my hand once more. Lando and I laughing at his actions before hearing Max speak up "How was your break Lando besides the part where you hit on my girlfriend" we all have a good laugh at his joke.

     Lando spoke up as he rode slowly next to us "well I have to keep you guys on your toes". We continued to talk as he rode his scooter stopping at his garage, he got off his scooter giving us hugs and giving P a fist bump since he was "uncle lan" to her.

    We walked a little further down to Max's garage, as we entered we were greeted by multiple people. Walking up Max got close to my ear and began to whisper "My dad is here, if he says anything rude or gives looks or comes off as stand offish please ignore him. If he says anything too bad let me know okay flower" he gently rubbed my arm. I just nodded as we got closer to his driver room.

Walking inside his driver room where his race suit was at and other things in the corner of his room on a chair was his father Jos. The man stood up greeting Max then turning to his granddaughter then turning to me "and you are" asking me then max telling him I am his girlfriend.

Quickly telling him my name "I'm Iris nice to meet you sir" as I held out my hand as a form of greeting. He looked down at my hand then back up at me then turning around to Max who was turned away from us. Scoffing at him before taking Poppy around the paddock to see uncle lan and some of the other drivers on the grid that I have yet to meet.

Walking around the paddock meeting up with Lando as he showed us around as Max was preoccupied with his father at the moment. He introduced me to many of the other drivers which P already knew all of them. I would say by far she loves Charles and Lando the most just from the looks of it though.

Walking P back to the redbull garage seeing Max in his race suit with the top half hanging off of hips, staring for a while longer than I should have before he turned towards me catching me looking before he walked up towards me. "You miss me, I know it's okay" he said jokingly before giving me a kiss on the temple.

"You wish" telling him with a small laugh behind my words giving him a small push jokingly as cameras around us caught it.

Grabbing my waist and hugging me closely as he spoke softly to me "Hey I know my dad is a pain, again if he says anything ignore him and tell me I'll talk yo him" nodding as I held my arms around his shoulders.

     P and I watched him during and he was amazing, just imagining how difficult it must be to even do such a thing at that speed is incredible.

     Watching him get out of his car ready to congratulate him on a great practice, before getting the chance to do so Jos cuts me off and points out all the things Max did wrong and word for word telling him "that was a fucking terrible practice". Forcing myself to not yell in this man's face as I watched him leave the paddock for the day. I watched Max go into his drivers room with his head low. I quickly asked an engineer to watch P for about five minutes as I will be right back and thankfully he agreed.

    Getting to Max's drivers room I gently knock hearing a faint come in from him before opening the door. He had his head hung low still sitting on the small couch that was in the room not even bothering to look at me. Walking up to him slowly standing between his legs "Hey you did amazing out there don't listen to what he said okay love" I told him gently.

     Looking up at me smiling a bit at his pet name before dropping his head again onto my stomach this time. "Nothing seems to be good enough for him I could be pole position on the race the weekend but he will always have something to say" he was telling me lowly.

     As he was talking I was playing with his hair, letting it run through my fingers. When I heard him finish talking I finally spoke up "Even if it's not good enough for him just know you are good enough to do many people especially P who will be proud of you for even finishing a race cause that means you go back home to her. Your sport is dangerous Max but you are at the top right now and you are fucking amazing".

    Finally looking back up to me thanking me before he stood up giving me a kiss on the temple and thanking me. "Shall we head to the hotel my flower" he asked me.

     "Yes yes let me go grab P and we shall be on our way" I told him as I opened the door to get P so we can head back. Walking out of the garage linking my arm with Max's as he held P who seemed to start falling asleep in his arms. Getting into the car shortly and starting our route to the hotel.

instagram stories:

@ irishope

a/n: trigger warning JOS VERSTAPPEN yall, maybe i should have put this in the beginning lol

a/n:
trigger warning JOS VERSTAPPEN yall, maybe i should have put this in the beginning lol