55.

max's pov: 8.5 months pregnant, due date: 5-1-25
We had everything ready for baby, we had a couple of names that we would throw around but only really liking a couple of them. Iris has been dying to give birth already since she had been wanting to meet our new addition.

      It's honestly just going to be down to a waiting game at this point we had the diaper bag ready, the room was ready but it's down to timing. Every night she rubs this special lotion to help with preventing stretch marks which has worked but also she has a very tiny bump.

     I was currently walking down the hallway to the living room while Ris and P were coloring together. Seeing Iris hurting every couple of seconds but trying to hold it in and not complain as much as possible. Walking up to them "Hey baby you okay" I said as I rubbed her upper back as she nodded out to me but not convincing me one bit. "Come on love, we should go get it checked out" I asked her before she declined my offer.

     I didn't want to push her too much so I left it. Walking towards the fridge in the kitchen as I grab some water before walking back to them and taking a seat.

Looking over at Iris once more and seeing her still in so much pain, I couldn't even take watching her, she said it started about two days ago which we came to the conclusion of early contractions.

I really couldn't watch her in pain any longer, we need to go to the doctors. I stood up as I headed to the nursery room to grab the diaper bag before walking out and leaving it by the door. Texting Charles if he can watch P for the time being as I needed to take Iris to get looked at, he immediately agreed and told me to bring her over whenever. I went to P's room as well to pack her a bag for the night just in case and a couple toys as I went back to the front door to drop it off next to the diaper bag.

Walking back to the living room "Hey flower, I'm going to take you to uncle Charlie's house, I need to take mummy to the doctors" I told P, Iris shooting her head up in confusion at me before I said I'll explain later.

P immediately standing up and making her way towards me as Iris carefully gets up since she is still in pain as she asks towards us as well. Making it to the front door grabbing the two bags hearing Iris ask me "Love why are we taking the diaper bag she isn't due for a couple of weeks".

"I know but you never know love, maybe all these pains she might want to make her appearance early. I just want to be prepared if she does and have all the things you want at the doctors" I respond to her as we make our way towards my car, helping P inside quickly before walking to the other side and putting the stuff in the back seat as I get in to start the car up.

Leaving the garage as I drove to Charles's flat, only taking about ten minutes to get there. Parking in front as I grab P's bag and helped her out of the car. Making our way up the elevator as I stopped at Charles's door letting P knock for us as we waited outside for him to open the door, hearing the doors unlock as the door swings open.

"Uncle Charles" P screamed as she ran into his arms making us laugh as he was tackled. Picking her up and holding her next to him as he asked what's up.

"Iris is having a lot of pain I just want to take her to the doctors to make sure everything is good with her and the baby. But I brought everything just in case the baby comes today" I explained to him as he nodded at my response. Turning to P "Be good for Charles okay flower, mummy and I will be back later to come get you" I told her as she nodded to me.

After leaving I got back into the car to start our journey to the doctors, it was back near our house so it was another ten minute drive back. Iris's pain was increasingly getting worse, you can tell she is trying to play it off but her face says it all. Her face scrunching up every sharp pain that occurs, her hands clenching together and releasing trying to relieve some type of the pain.

Getting to the doctors quickly getting out as I helped her out as well as the pain is taking a toll on her clearly.

We had to wait I would say about ten minutes before they finally took us to a room. We explained to the doctor what's been going on and she wanted to take a look.

"So the first thing is since your condition you are more prone to going into labor early and that can make the pains worse as well. Then the next thing is that it seems like you are dilating fairly quickly so, you might be giving birth within the next day it looks like, so thankfully you guys came in today" The doctor explained to use before giving us alone time to talk.

"I'm going to get the diaper bag okay flower" I told her as I leaned down to kiss the top of her head. Watching her close her eyes trying to relax a bit.

As I stood back up to leave I felt her grab my hand "I'm scared love, I don't think...I don't think I'm ready" she let a tear fall as she stuttered out her sentence.

Grabbing her face into my hands as I wipe her tears away "We are in this together love, I will be here every step away. Just think now we will have two little princess when we get back home" I told her as I try to lighten her mood a bit before giving her head another kiss and leaving to get the diaper bag.

Getting to the car as I fish my phone out of my pocket to text a Charles that Iris is having the baby today so P might have to spend the night. Thankfully Charles texted back quickly with "take all the time in the world. P is safe here" as I heart the message and put the phone back into my pocket as I head back into the hospital.

Getting back as I set the bag down on the chair before making my way back to Iris. Grabbing her hand, intertwining our finger as my hands hold both sides of her hand. "You got this Iris, I'm here for you and only you okay. You are already the best mother, now we get to do this all from the beginning together" I kissed her hand as I tried to give her some confidence. Smiling out to me before she leaned in to steal a kiss.

She was already in the gown to give birth but it might be a couple of hours. Smiling at her once more taking in all her beauty before she will be squeezing my hand off in a little bit.

a/n:
next chapter is it guys, it's the last chapter before i do the epilogue. i do have something planned though for after but u have to wait and see. also have been binging love island usa s6