47.

iris's pov:
    We have been home for a couple days, Max was on stream as P and I decided to finally decorate the house for Christmas. We already put out the little things but right now we were focused on the tree. I had a silver theme picked out but I let P place the ornaments wherever she would like not really caring where they end up since I have enough to fill the tree. Big ornaments and small along with a couple things the P picked out as well that would make the tree look full.

     We can hear Max in the other room screaming from time to time but we decided to just keep moving along playing some christmas music to get into the mood as we had christmas cookies in the oven as well.

max's pov:
     I was playing cod on stream at the moment but I can hear the music a bit through my headphones but it was pretty muffled out. I don't pay attention to the chat much, but at some point one of the boys asked me what was playing in the background. I pulled my headphones down to try to decipher what was playing in the background but what really helped me figure it out was before ultimately hearing Last Christmas I gave you my heart. But the very next day you gave it away.

    Chuckling to myself a bit because earlier Iris told me they were going to do christmas decorations. I told the boys they were decorating for Christmas in the living room and kitchen at the moment hence the pretty loud music that can be heard from my sim room.

     I played a couple of more rounds with them and a couple of rounds of fifa before calling it a day on stream and ending it. Winter break only started about a week ago but I already feel more relaxed, I'm still trying to work on how to tell Iris why I've been pushing her away since she announced she was pregnant not that it's any excuse that I should be treating this way, I'm starting to hate myself more and more everyday because of it.

     Walking out of the room hearing the music get louder but this time All I want for Christmas was playing. Walking towards the music in the direction of the living room hearing laughter from the two. Smiling at the sound as I enter the living room seeing them dance together and jumping as they sang the lyrics. My heart melted at the sight, my two girls and now I will have another child here which I still don't know how to process.

     P spotting me instantly as ran to me and jumped into my arms and told me to dance as well. I couldn't say no to my little girl so I began dancing with them. I had Poppy in my arms as I went next to Iris and pulled her closer so we can dance. Watching her smile as she danced with P and I, seeing her genuinely smile for the first time in a while. Sometimes you can tell when a smile is a bit forced and at races it felt like that since the media but right now it doesn't.

     We laughed for a little while as I helped P put the topper on the tree by lifting her up. Watching P get super excited about putting up decorations made me ecstatic especially since I haven't really did this many decorations while Poppy has been alive especially not after her mother's passing. P ran off to her room after saying she had to make presents to go under the tree now making Iris and I laugh.

     Iris walking off to the kitchen showing me the cookies her a P made as she held one up to my face as I took a bite from it. She giggled out a bit before taking a bite from it as well. Looking around at all the decorations in the table, island and even the dish rags were festive.

     I went over to go sit down in the chair that was tucked under the island counter top to scroll a bit on my phone while Iris cleans up a bit and puts the cookies away. Watching some reels on instagram before I finally heard Iris speak to me "What happened between us Max" she asked in a concerning tone as I lifted my head to see her face very serious.

     "I don't know what you are talking about" I tried to chuckle out a bit knowing exactly what Iris means.

    "No Max don't bullshit me right now. You know exactly what I mean by what happened between us. I know you feel the shift in our relationship, it's starting to just feel like PR again" she voiced to me as I set my phone down watching her talk.