Chapter Fourteen

Kameron POV

I woke up this morning feeling like shit because of everything that happen yesterday. I barely slept knowing Ariel still wasn't clear. I hated knowing her life was still in danger. I got up and went to take a shower. After that I went to the half empty closet and threw on a pair of black Tru Religion jeans with a solid black t-shirt. I threw on my timbs and grabbed my phone and headed out.

I had a meeting and I couldn't be late. See I figured the only person that knew the most about Ariel's dad it would be her mom so I called her up. We were set to meet at the diner on the corner. When I arrived I saw she was already there and I sat down. The waiter came and took our orders leaving just me and her looking at each other. "You not gonna say nothing," I asked sitting back.

"You called me here."

"I need to know everything you know about Ariel's dad," I said getting straight to the point. She looked at me like she was shocked and then looked down. "I don't know anything." I could tell she was lying and that just pissed me off. "I don't have time for your bullshit right now. Your daughter's life depends on what you tell me right now."

"What? What's wrong with Ariel," she asked sitting up. "She's in the hospital. She was stabbed by a guy your husband sent."

"The point of me leaving was to protect her from him and now she is vulnerable and he is coming for her."

"What are you talking about?"

"I left them at my mom's because he wasn't the person I married anymore. He became crazy and eventually his actions threatened Ariel's life."

"How."

"He found out she wasn't his."

"So now he trying to kill her? That don't make no damn sense," I said trying to piece the pieces together. "Her father was a guy that he hated. It was one night and I slipped and we slept together. I never thought it would be possible for Ariel to be his but it was. Anyway once he found out he got angry, I had never seen him so angry. He hated that man and swore that none of that man would live and that meant his seed. When I saw how far he was gonna go I took Ariel and Demetri to my grandmother. I told her everything and she agreed to keep them."

"But when he was introduced to Air he seemed fine," I said remembering the day. "He saw her!"

"Yea why?"

"You shouldn't have done that, my husband is crazy. You can't let him near her if you do he will kill her." I looked at her and she was serious. I couldn't believe I didn't see it before but when I worked for him he always seemed like a nice dude. Hell he was the one who raised me after my father's death and taught me how to handle my business. I just couldn't understand what would make a man do that someone he claimed to love and even raised. I knew I had to find him before he got to Ariel and I also knew he would probably try to take me out too. "Where can I find him?"

"I don't know," she said all of sudden lost for information. "I'm really getting tired of you lying to me," I said sitting up ready to explode. "He usually hangs out at the Club Lennox. He moved his trap to some house on the corner of Crestwood. He owns a house three blocks down from there." I nodded and got up.

When I got to the trap I knew I was late but hell I'm the boss so I show up when I fucking feel like. When I walked in it was kind of quiet since no one was in, just a few niggas smoking. When I got to my office Biggy was already waiting for me. I didn't say anything but just sat down. Truth is I was still kind of pissed at his ass and was trying to control my anger. I typed in some information Ariel's dad in my computer trying to see what I was going up against. I got so caught I forgot Biggy was even in the room. "So you just gonna ignore me? You the one that told me to be here." I stopped what I was doing and sighed, I wanted to go off but just breathed instead. "Look I'm busy right now, so can you just shut up while I work."