Chapter Forty-Two

Two weeks later:

They finally released me from the hospital and I was ready to bounce. I hated hospitals with a passion and would do anything to stay far away from them. "Here I brought you some clothes," Ariel said walking in with a duffle bag and food from Hardy's. She gave me the duffle bag and sat down taking out a chicken biscuit and hash browns. I looked at her like she was crazy, "Where my damn food?"

"In the bag you big cry baby," she said eating her food. I nodded and went to change. I saw she had brought me my navy blue true religion jeans and my red and white polo and bred 11's. I smiled when she remembered to bring my gold chain, I loved my gold chain. I walked out and Ariel was unwrapping another sandwich, "That better not be mine," I said mugging her. She just smiled and bit into before I could get to her. What she didn't know I had no problem eating after her shit she was carrying my damn babies. I took my hash browns before she could get to them.

We decided to go see Biggy since he was still in the hospital trying to recover from his injury. When we walked in we saw him holding baby Nikko while Kelsey was knocked out beside him. I shook my head cause she was fucking drooling. He put his finger up telling us to be quiet but I had other plans. I started walking like a panther on my tippy toes and they just looked at me like I was crazy. When I got close enough I yelled in her ear making her jump up and then she fell on her ass. I was laughing so damn hard I thought I was gonna tear my stitches. When I finally got straight everyone was looking at me but I didn't care that shit was funny. "What the hell is wrong with you," Kelsey asked rubbing her ass. "Aye no cussing while kids are present," I said trying not to laugh again. "Maybe yo ass should stop acting like a damn kid!"

"It's not my fault you should know not to fall asleep when I'm around," I said shrugging and taking Nikko from Biggy. I began playing with him while Ariel and Kelsey talked about shopping and shit. "So man how you holding up," I asked while making Nikko dance. He was laughing trying to talk. "Honestly I am just happy to be alive and be able to see my son grow up. But don't get me wrong I am going to work my ass off to walk again."

"Look I just want you to know I feel horrible at how things went down that night. I should've just left and got you to a hospital and maybe this shit wouldn't be happening." It was true ever since I found out how bad it was for Biggy I have been feeling mad guilty. Once again I was so caught up with trying to stop someone I let the ones I love down and now look what happened, he can't even walk. "Kameron you are like a brother to me so when you told me to hang on and you would get me help I believed you, every word. That is why I hung in there because I knew you would come and help me. I don't want you blaming yourself for what happened just stand by my side and help me get through this."

"Alright I got you."

"And give me my damn baby back," he said taking Nikko from me. "Okay I see how it is, when my babies born don't you dare ask to hold them. Imma be like hell no!"

"Boy don't know nobody wanna hold yo high yella kids anyway," Kelsey said butting in. I swear she stay in grown folks business. "Girl shut yo dumb ass up, always talking!"

"Make me," she said crossing her arms around her body. I laughed, "Honey I used to kill people so dealing with you ain't no shit," I said shrugging. "You gonna let this ass talk to me like he crazy," she said looking at Biggy. "Man I can't walk handle yo own shit," he said talking to Nikko. "Okay when you want some pussy then you handle yo own shit." He just shrugged and I laughed. They were one messed couple but somehow they work.

We eventually let the dysfunctional couple alone and went to get something to eat since someone ate my food. "Kameron?"

"What?"