ch 4: Alone in the whole wide world

Chapter notes

Thank you for comments, and if you want to get notification when I update the fic add this to your library not just your reading list.

Let's get your tissues ready cause I cried while writing the first half of this chapter...

Tw:
discussion about prostitution, and Major character death.(I don't know how chemo works, so , incorrect information here and I don't have any medical knowledge)

Story starts

Vegas hears Pete's words and cries ,Pete loves their pup. Then why? He doesn't understand Pete's reason ....but on one specific day he received the answer, when he got a call from Nop...

💙🖤💙🖤💙

Pete is sitting on the couch ,TV in front of him but he is not paying attention at all, his mind is occupied fully with the thoughts of his mother.

Her mother completed the 2nd chemo sessions and Pete was there with her this time . He saw how pale she looked after the session like she doesn't have life in her face...

Pete felt enormous guilt as he didn't stay with his mother in the first chemo,

how did she even manage alone...?

" Puppy, I am ok" she tried to mitigate his pain even after the 2nd chemo.

" No Mama, You are not ok " He wanted to scream at his mother , he stayed by her extra hours on that day and Pete reluctantly came back to Vegas house....

His mind is entirely occupied with his mother from that day ...and the moment he wakes up today he has a feeling that something is going wrong...he could sense it in his bones...

His phone rang, halting his heavy thoughts, it from an unknown number...

" Is it Pete?"

"Yes"

" I am calling from the hospital , Pete...your mother..."

"What happened?" Pete shouted, his heart beat increased

" She is not doing better , it's best if you come now and spend some time with her...chemo affected her immune cells too much....and we couldn't guarantee..."

Pete's heart stopped at what the nurse was saying.....

Grandma Aom, who is watching , saw frozen Pete...

" Pete " she shook him...

Tears streamed down from Pete's eyes...

" Hospital"

" You wanna go to the hospital now? Should I call Ken?" She asked when Pete couldn't spell anything

Pete nodded and within 15 min Ken took Pete to the hospital...

" Yim" Ken called when they arrived at the hospital , Pete just stared in shock ...

" Yim , we came"... Ken said loudly and Pete ran into hospital looking at him like a ghost

When the door opened to his mother's treatment room , nobody needed to tell him, he could see how life was leaving his mother's body...

He doesn't have anyone other than his Mama in his life...

" Mama" he rushed to her...she opened her eyes...

" Puppy, I...I... ..am leaving you...." she tried too hard to finish the sentence...

" Mama. No. I won't let you..." he shook his head stubbornly ...

" It's not in our hands anymore , Puppy..."