IV.

We arrived at the venue, eager to check out some of the other bands before we went on.
The thing is, now people recognised us, we had to go incognito at places like this. Elijah had to cover the lower half of his face, concealing the tattoo running from his ear down to his jaw. The rest of us managed to hide our identities with hoodies, hats or sunglasses.
Making our way through crowds of people to the bar, Maria and I held hands, weaving between bodies. Not a single soul paid attention to us, it was almost hilarious, considering most of these people will be watching us in a few hours time.

Myself and Oli were in the middle of it all watching Knocked Loose, the rest of the band had opted to stay on the outskirts of the crowd. Bouncing around like excitable children, shoving each other. This was the life we'd always wanted.
Being paid to play at places like this, seeing bands we loved and spending our days together.

We were playing after Ice Nine Kills, which gave us enough time to catch Bad Omens set.
Maria looked hypnotised throughout, the rest of us spent the majority of the time side eyeing each other. Wondering whether we needed to stage an intervention.
As they came to an end, Danny grabbed Maria's elbow, pretty much tearing her away and we made our way backstage to get ready.

|_______________________________|

We were side stage, waiting for everything to get set up before we hid behind the huge black curtain that would drop as our set began. When a small group appeared at the opposite side of the stage, some I didn't recognise - Will and Noah stood out though. Maria ran across the stage to Noah, jumping into his arms, a smile lighting up her face immediately. He stroked her hair gently out of her face before their lips were on one another's.
I was beyond elated for her, she deserved every ounce of happiness that came her way - right now though, I need her to stop climbing that particular man mountain.

I felt like a strict mother when I made my way over.
"Kids, I'm really happy for you but we have a job to do" I pointed beyond the curtain. "Once we're done, you get up to whatever heinous acts you want. You have my blessing."
Noah laughed, placing another gentle kiss on top of Maria's head as he placed her back down.
A hand grabbed mine as we turned to make our way back to the guys. "We'll see you when you finish, kill it!" Will smiled at me, giving my hand a squeeze.

I froze for a second before running my thumb over his "Thank you, we'll grab a drink yeah?"
He smiled, nodding as Maria and I left.

I couldn't help but keep glancing over to the side of the stage, seeing Noah and Will totally immersed in our set, shouting along with me.

This was fucking insane.

|_______________________________|

We all watched on in amazement from our table as Oli stood surrounded by a group of girls, ready to claw each other to get close to him.

"What the fuck is going on?" Alex mumbled to himself, unable to look away.

"The man's realised he's a big shot now, THAT'S what's happened" Danny laughed.

Will moved closer to me whispering "I don't get it, why's everyone watching Oli?"

"That man barely says a word, he's like an enigma. Since rehearsals yesterday, he's been cutting around like he's a messiah" I finished the last of my drink "I don't think any of us have ever seen him speak to a woman that isn't myself, Maria or his own mother"

The guys all shook their heads, "never" and "nope" going around the table.

"I'm gonna go over, see if he needs any assistance" Michael stood "you know, help a fellow bassist out" he backed away slowly, grinning.