XIX

Will stuck to his word, every moment of free time he had, we spent together. He came along with me to write with the band, he was at the studio when we started recording and he was there when we won best breakthrough album and best international breakthrough artist at the heavy music awards.
It didn't hinder his career in anyway, it just strengthened us.

Lorna Shore had powered through writing their album and the time had come for us to get to the studio and start working on our collab.
I felt like a child on Christmas morning when we arrived to do the vocals. We listened through the instrumental and it was beautiful, everything I'd imagined and more. Will went into the booth first and I sat absolutely mesmerised by him, taking pictures like a proud mother.
My time came and my stomach was in knots, I didn't want to fall short when I was competing with him. Love of my life or not, I still had to try and show him up.
We left feeling completely confident that we'd both smashed it.

Our tour was impending, I stood in my room surrounded by clothes. Totally overwhelmed with choice, I was unable to think. Will walked in and glanced around at the entirety of my wardrobe piled on the bed. Without a word he began putting pieces together and laying them in front of me. My chest warmed with appreciation for him. He settled my thoughts without even trying, calming me was as easy as breathing for him.

He came out with us for the first week but he had to head back then, to promote their new album. When the tour wrapped up, I'd head back to shoot the music video for our collab. Our schedule was beginning to fit together like a puzzle. Our album would release just as Lorna Shore's tour finished, which I would be joining them for to guest live on the collab. We'd both be busy but with time for one another. The key was to keep us both in motion when we were apart, or we became useless.

By the time our shows had finished, I was exhausted but filled with anticipation to be by Will's side again. He met me as my flight landed at Newark airport, we had a day together before we started shooting the music video. We did nothing but soak up every moment together, cuddled on his couch with the cats. Thinking back to a few months ago was excruciating, I don't know how I carried on in this world without him for so long.

|_______________________________|

We spoke about the concept of the video, naturally there would be band shots, I would pop in for a few of those and there would be shots of me and Will alone. What really intimidated me was the huge tank of water I was going to be submerged in, during the planning of the video I was really enthusiastic but seeing the size of it now was terrifying. There would be shots of me sinking peacefully before thrashing around in there, with Will watching from the outside and then finally pulling me out.
We shot the entire video, leaving the water parts until last, for which I was extremely grateful.

As I entered the studio, in my black floor length floaty dress, I shook all fear from my mind - this was going to look out of this world. I was talked through certain things they wanted me to do at specific parts of the song. Filming in chunks so I knew where we were up to, the reality being that I would more than likely be unable to hear the music once I was in there. We had visual queues in place for me too when they knew I could see under the water. All I had to do was deliver what they wanted.

I climbed the ladder and looked down, it seemed even deeper from all the way up here.

"We'll start shooting as soon as you get in, remember you're sinking without a worry at first, just allow yourself to float down and don't try to swim." Calvin, the director called over to me.

I nodded "here goes nothing" I sat on the edge before sliding in.

It was a slow descent, the dress clung to me and felt awkward, I moved my head around as if searching for something, as they'd asked me to do. One of the assistants waved her arms at me, telling me I could come back to the surface.