II.

Maria took a few nervous steps, shuffling about like she didn't know where to stand. I grabbed her wrist with my free hand and pulled her closer to me. She stared at me for a second with wide eyes, looking like she was going to puke. I gave a little side smile and a nod, this is our life now. The guys all introduced themselves to each other with the trusty ol' hug and back slap manoeuvre, while I tried to telepathically tell Maria to get her shit together.

"Hi nice to meet you all" I led, hoping Maria would mirror me, I reached my hand out to Noah and got pulled into a hug.

"We're not closing a business deal, bring it in! From the sounds of it we're all gonna be spending a fair bit of time together. We're pretty much playing all the same festivals" Noah grinned.

"That's amazing!" I hadn't even thought to check the line ups for all the dates we had booked. I felt another wave of nerves at the prospect of having to be on the same level as these bands over and over again.

Bring me the horizon started playing through Follow you. I was grateful for some background noise, I feared I'd feel like I had to fill the silence otherwise. Worse still, one of the others might do so and mortally embarrass us all before we even get past hello.
Maria seemed to have calmed and was very gingerly giving Noah a hug now too. I quickly made my way around everyone until I got to the King himself, he was stood just in front of Elijah (who had a big shit eating grin plastered across his face).

"Hi!" I said, drowned out by the song.  

"Hi, I'm Will!" He shouted so I could actually hear him over the music, giving me a sweet smile.

I felt my face starting to get warm, sweet mother have mercy, he's the cutest guy I think I've ever laid my eyes upon.
"Yeah I think your name rings a bell" I shouted back with a small smile.
He laughed, his head going back a bit and put an arm out to initiate a hug. I stepped into the embrace on tiptoes and glanced over his shoulder at my bandmates - they were staring at the pair of us.

"We're all fucking huge fans, they aren't usually mutes" I told him as I took a step back, still close enough to hear each other. My eyes dashed over to my friends who suddenly jumped into action, starting up conversations between the rest of the group.

"We love your stuff too! I watched the interview you guys did with the dude from Revolver, we must have missed each other in the foyer. We spoke with him yesterday too." He took a sip of his drink.

He's seen it. The Max interview. Shit.

For a brief second I panicked, did he take it as an insult when I fired back to the "Female Will Ramos" remark?

"I wasn't being a dick, you know, with the whole-"

"How do I feel being a male version of you, counter argument?" Smiling from ear to ear, he wafted his hand absently "Shit don't worry about it! I think we both put him straight on that one"

"We were debating whether he'd have the stones to bring it up with you, guess Max lives up to his word. Good for him." I gave a little nod and went to take a sip from my empty cup. "Shit, I'm just gonna-" I pointed in the direction on the stage and turned to head off. Grabbing one of my people as I passed, turns out it was Danny.

"They saw the interview, Will said we both put Max straight. Jesus! I bet he thinks I fucking love myself. 'Ask him what's it's like be a male version of me' dickhead! Like we're anywhere nearly as established as those guys! Shit! What's he going to have answered with?" Danny stopped walking and faced me, holding my shoulders.