[ 34 ] S A N G E E T

Third person pov :

They had been busy talking to each other for the past hour. Suddenly, the music grabbed everyone's attention. All the lights went off, leaving only a few on around stage one.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen! This is Aarohi Hathwal, the host of today's Sangeet. You are most welcome to tonight's performance by Lakshi Choudhary, Saras Choudhary, Yamuna Choudhary, and Ganga Tanwar."

She held the microphone. Everyone turned to the stage, holding their favorite drinks.

"I would like to request the groom to sit next to his bride," Aarohi chuckled, glancing around as everyone looked at him. He smiled and walked over to his bride.

"Arey, beth jaiye! Itna bhi mat sharmaiye, Jija ji!" Lakshi called from the corner of the stage. "Ji, saali ji," he laughed and sat next to her.

"I wasn't aware you get this shy," Geet muttered, bending to his side. He glanced at her and squeezed his eyes. "Madam, I wasn't shy this time," he clarified and turned back to the stage. She giggled.

"And here is my favorite girl. Not the eldest but never misses a chance to show her sassy side... but there is a twist in the story... there is a guy..."

As soon as people heard "guy," they reacted with a chorus of "Oohhooo."

It was started by Geet. Pavel and Ivan glanced at each other.

"Guy? Bro," Ivan tensed, looking at Pavel's puzzled expression.

"A self-obsessed guy who thinks girls revolve around him," Aarohi continued, reading from the script given by Lakshi.

"Give a big hand to this badass couple," she cheered and left the stage as everyone clapped.

The lights went off completely, leaving the area around the stage in darkness. "Ivan, do something, my heart is burning," Pavel mumbled to him. Just then, the lights around the stage came back on.

"Dilli Wali Girlfriend" started playing.

A girl in a dark green lehenga with heavy flares twirled on stage, perfectly moving to the beat.

But who was with her? Everyone was confused until one more light came on, and everyone's jaws dropped-it was Ganga, dressed like a guy in a blue shirt, black trousers, a black cap, and walking with a swagger.

Victor observed, his eyes fixed on their dance.

"Guys, there's something fishy in this performance," Victor claimed, his eyes scanning for clues. They exchanged glances. "Look, that's your cap, right?" Ivan pointed out.

Victor and Ivan exchanged smirks as they understood the situation. Pavel glanced at them. "Don't tell me she was talking about me-self-obsessed and thinking girls revolve around him," Pavel muttered furiously, making a fist.

"At least they should have found a taller character," Pavel laughed, but Ivan and Victor didn't find it funny. They looked at each other and started laughing.

"Self-obsessed Pavel," Ivan teased. Victor joined him with a high-five. "Yeah, yeah, they're definitely going to perform your role as well. I'll see you there," Pavel threatened, crossing his arms. He stared at Lakshi's performance, not understanding a single word of the song.

Everyone's feet were tapping on the ground due to the energetic dance, loud music, and the enthusiastic cheering from the crowd, including the wedding couple.

The song finished, and everyone applauded. Their clapping was genuinely heartfelt.

As the music stopped and they left the stage, Lakshi turned to Pavel, who was glaring at her. She smirked and walked away.