[ 35 ] T E A R S

“Geet, do you know, at first I was going to deny this relationship, but I'm lucky that I talked to you on the phone,” Dmitry said, holding Geet's hands.

She turned her face away, trying to hide her blush.

“Dmitry, I want to say something too… at first, I thought I loved you because you are my fiancé, but trust me, this is something else. I love who you are, the way you are,” Geet confessed, lowering her gaze.

He hugged her from behind, putting his chin on her shoulder. With his right hand, he gently held her jaw and made her look at him.

The real Dmitry picked up a cushion and hid their faces behind it as everyone started hooting and shifted their gaze to them. Geet's hands were adorned with mehndi, while only one of his hands was decorated.

“Geet, stop them, I can't face everyone after this,” Dmitry requested. She glared at him playfully.
“Aren't you the one who wanted my confession on Sangeet night?” she recalled the gift he was going to receive after recognizing her hands with his eyes closed.

They both danced to the song “Rab Kare.”

Geet's cheeks turned as red as a tomato. She looked at her parents' reactions, who were enjoying the dance. She found relief seeing her father cheering for them.

Her mother was discussing something about them and dancing with relatives with a bright smile. She was laughing, looking all happy.

She was amazed by their outstanding acting—the walk, the fashion style, and the facial expressions. These guys observe too much.

The dance finished. This became one of her favorite days. After their couple performance, they danced to a mash-up. The way their dresses twirled, their laughter and smiles in the middle made her emotional.

While she was cheering, a thought hit her mind that she was going to leave them soon. Even though she would visit later, it would be as a guest, not like before. She reminisced about the times when they made lame jokes, talked about boys like perverts while she taught them moral values.

Whenever her uncle and father got into an argument, they comforted each other and promised that no matter what happened between their parents, they wouldn't stop talking to each other. They wouldn't let their egos win.

Ganga, when they came for sleepovers, how they cooked at midnight, wore each other's dresses, and made Geet up as a bride, practicing how to walk and smile softly.

Everything started flashing back in Geet's mind as she stared at her sisters and best friends dancing for her, enjoying, laughing, and giggling.

They thanked everyone for cheering for them.

She was giving a fake smile to everyone while her eyes were wet and her mind and heart were filled with memorable moments from the past. She gazed at Dmitry, who was saying something to his aunt, bending towards her. He was happy.

She glanced at the hand he had been holding since the Sangeet started. She was on the edge of crying, but her thoughts were interrupted by the male host.

It was Maksim on stage. “Now it's time for the boys' performance, and you guys have to tell us which performer does the best and who should win,” he said as their group came out.

Everyone was amazed by the performance the guys were about to give.