[ 37 ] Officially mine

"Say that again," she urged. "Why do you act like a drunk while being emotional?" Dmitry pointed out, moving next to her. She climbed onto him, separating her legs, and sat on his stomach.

He put his hands under his head, staring at her. "You shouldn't do it," she complained, leaning closer to his face. "Kiss me as a punishment," he flirted with a straight face. She glared at him. He giggled.

"Do you really love me?" he questioned. She nodded. With one elbow, she took support to balance herself hovering above him, and with the other hand, she caressed his cheek.

"Why?" he asked. "Don't know," she whispered, rubbing his lips with her thumb and staring at them. "You can taste it; it's all yours," he claimed with a serious face. He wasn't showing any expression, just staring at her moves.

"I don't want to punish you," she chuckled. "If you really love me, then can you promise me something?" he urged, moving his hands from under his head. He held her waist and slightly moved his hands.

"What promise?" "You have to obey one order of mine, just one order," he said, moving upward. He leaned his back against the headboard. He curved his knees and gently caressed her waist, ensuring she felt safe instead of uncomfortable.

"What order, Dmitry?" she asked, concerned, creating distance. "In the future, I'm talking about the future, Milyy. If in the future I give an order, you have to obey it no matter what, no matter what condition you are in, even if I am going to die. Even if—"

"No, I can't," she denied, taking her hands off his neck. He didn't let her do it and held her hands there. "Promise me, if you love me, if you want to marry me. Otherwise, take your steps back," Dmitry put the condition, staring passionately into her eyes.

"Dmitry..." "Geet..."

"Okay, okay, I will," she sighed, touching her forehead against his. "Hmm," he hummed, cupping her cheeks.

"Now kiss me, suck my lips so they'll look plump tomorrow," he demanded. She laughed and slightly slapped him. He didn't react, just stared at her.

As the tension started building up, she slowly moved to his lips. He closed his eyes and waited for her touch. She attached her lips to his. He tightened his hug around her.

She tilted her head for a proper kiss. He opened his mouth and sucked her lips together, while his hands roamed on her back. She did the same, opening her mouth, and as she was about to suck his lips, he entered his tongue inside her mouth.

She laughed internally, realizing she hadn't given him a proper kiss yet, while he made every moment memorable.

He broke the kiss and glanced into her eyes. "Geet, it's time to sleep. Don't delay, please," he said. She nodded. "Say you love me," she urged.

"I love you, Geet. I love you so much."

My heart beat faster as the music started. I was waiting for her in the "mandap," my gaze lowered as I practiced in my mind how to stay calm.

I slowly lifted my gaze, and my eyes fell on an angel coming toward me—the love of my life. Her heavy red dress, covering her head with the attached red chunri, was lighter in comparison to her dress.

My eyes couldn't move from her. She is the best woman in my eyes. Red is her color. I held back my tears but couldn't. I was watching my dream coming toward me and trying to stay calm.

Tears silently dropped down my cheeks as I stared at her, marveling at how beautifully God had created her. She is God's favorite. How can someone be so angelic?

And with that thought, I burst into tears. Eventually, I let my evil side win. I ended up being mean to my love. Why can't I just sacrifice for her? Why did I choose to live in hell instead of living without her? Look at her, how innocent she is; look at me, how ugly, evil, and monstrous I am.